P5g41T-M LX Question

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by burnix, Oct 30, 2011.

1. burnix

burnix MDL Junior Member

Jan 4, 2011
    Hello MDL community. I have one question about this motherboard P5g41T-M LX. I have already made biosmod on an p5kpl-am, POV ion330 and gygabyte gama78gm-s2h without no problem with awardtool and amitool (with Dell slic). No i try to mod the P5g41T-M LX bios to match Dell slic table.

When i do the mod, everything work ok. If i watch in bios i see Dell markers, but my original Dell xp sp3 CD cannot recognize activation.

At this time i try to reinstall with DELL_QA09.BIN biosmod. I keep you inform.

If someone can help me : thanks.

2. NoJuan999

NoJuan999 Experienced SLIC Tool Operator

Jul 31, 2009
    XP need an SLP string for Activation.
    Check and see if it is there with the SLIC Dump Toolkit.
    If it doesn't appear properly try using the Insert SLP in IBM Region in the advanced options.

3. burnix

burnix MDL Junior Member

Jan 4, 2011
    Thanks NoJuan999, but i dont understand why with same tool (amitool) it works on p5kpl-am and not on p5g41t-m ????
    I'm going to try with your info. I know that xp need slp, since today i just have used the tools ami or award in standard mode an all was ok.

Thanks for your help and i'm going to try tomorrow.

4. burnix

burnix MDL Junior Member

Jan 4, 2011
    After a test with your indication, i have no good result. But one question, do i need to be connected to internet to be validated ??? I think no because of the install i made before. If someone have an idea, thanks.

5. burnix

burnix MDL Junior Member

Jan 4, 2011
    #5 burnix, Oct 31, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2011
    (OP)
    Is there any option in bios configuration that can block or perturb the oem info ??????? (like acpi or apic acpi ???)

6. burnix

burnix MDL Junior Member

Jan 4, 2011
    After some test i have no luck. Just take a look at my capture on my two motherboards old p5kpl-am and new p5g41t-m lx the first 2 pictures was the old and the 2 last the new

Asus-Old-1.jpg Asus-Old-2.jpg AsusNew-1.jpg AsusNew-2.jpg

Thanks for your help

7. burnix

burnix MDL Junior Member

Jan 4, 2011
    Can Someone can explify me why on the asus p5g41 i slip was not inserted ??? I've used amitool in normal mode and ibm slp insert = nothing.