packard bell easynote R0422 death after bios flash

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by azzazz, Aug 26, 2010.

1. azzazz

azzazz MDL Novice

Aug 26, 2010
  2. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    What bios is it?
    Insyde?

Get universal extractor and extract the exe...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. azzazz

azzazz MDL Novice

Aug 26, 2010
    hi thx for fast replay and yes i think it is inside bios as i hawe another laptop almost the same and that one use inside. can u help where i can find that software to extract that exe file.Thx for your help

4. azzazz

azzazz MDL Novice

Aug 26, 2010
    sorry for been so noob uff i find and extract but now i dont know wich file is the bios file as i hawe like 6 file inside that exe if u can help mi with that one pls

5. azzazz

azzazz MDL Novice

Aug 26, 2010
    cool now i got it. if i can ask ho to flash that back to bios chip with black screen????

6. azzazz

azzazz MDL Novice

Aug 26, 2010
    im sorry i read that buc i cant realy get to work as i don' know wich file im need to look for, here is list what i get after unpack:
    autoexec
    CHOICE
    COMMAND
    DRVSPACE.BIN
    flash.bat
    FLASH.HEX
    FLAs**t.exe
    IO.SYS
    KBCFLASH.exe
    MSDOS.SYS
    NECCD.EXE
    R102_DC.bin
    REBOOT.EXE
    W950.rom

7. azzazz

azzazz MDL Novice

Aug 26, 2010
    hi
    i just check with acer bios and packard bell. in packard bell one are totaly diferent files and there are no any .fd, so at the moment im really stack with that as i try rename files to xxxx.fd xxxx.rom BIOS.fd xxx.dc xxx.bin so fare nothing works, by the way when im boot laptop usb key just flash for sec and then nothing with cd is keep try spin but still nothing at all ai tery all that key win+b fn+b fn+esc but still nothing

8. Brainsuck

Brainsuck MDL Addicted

Oct 9, 2009
    W950.rom this is the bios

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. azzazz

azzazz MDL Novice

Aug 26, 2010
    ok so do i need to rename that one?? as it sey here.

10. azzazz

azzazz MDL Novice

Aug 26, 2010
    im sorry to keep asking for help you guys but i don't realy get what to do with this files im totaly lost as in packard bell bios a diferent files as in tutorial ,as i post before i try few thinks but screen are still black and laptop not respond... don't no what to do next...

11. azzazz

azzazz MDL Novice

Aug 26, 2010
    i still trying to renames file as there is 2 of them if i can think one R102_DC.BIN is a ati bios and W950.ROM is motherboard but no luck ,i try with usb key with fat32 and cd but nothing happen no beep no any leds dlasz apart of power one CD is just keep trying to spin but nothing happen usb just flash onec light just on power on. If anyone can help and try to post step by step what to do as i try to follow rescu from web and noting help

12. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
  13. azzazz

azzazz MDL Novice

Aug 26, 2010
    #16 azzazz, Aug 30, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2010
    (OP)
    starange but when i try use phoenixtool and open W950.ROM i get error [Not Phoenix/Dell/Insyde/EFI BIOS]
    and when i try to open with PhoenixBiosEditor2.2 i get [invalid ROM length!]

14. azzazz

azzazz MDL Novice

Aug 26, 2010
    that is not working with my laptop i can't get to work as i dont hawe any .bin. fd file just that .rom wich is getting error when i try to open or check.
    Is packard bell doing diferent insyde bios or what? Sorry i can't post any links or images to show what is hapening

15. azzazz

azzazz MDL Novice

Aug 26, 2010
    im sorry you can call me guys unpetient but is anyone who can help we with that one?? i start to think my laptop is just brick becous whatever i try its just not working

16. azzazz

azzazz MDL Novice

Aug 26, 2010
    hi i try all but im unable to solve that problem if anyone look in to that bios and pls help me

17. NoJuan999

NoJuan999 Experienced SLIC Tool Operator

Jul 31, 2009