Packard Bell Easynote TJ76 - crippled BIOS... how to unhide?

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by kaptenkakhal, Jul 20, 2010.

1. kaptenkakhal

kaptenkakhal MDL Novice

Jul 20, 2010
    #1 kaptenkakhal, Jul 20, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2010
    Packard Bell Easynote TJ76 - hidden BIOS features... how to unlock?

Hi all,

As the topic says, I'm looking for any tips on how to unlock/unhide BIOS features on my Easynote TJ76 laptop. The BIOS is crippled with almost no settings showing except boot order etc. I guess this is a common problem with alot of different manufacturers.

The main reason I want to unhide all features is not merely out of curiosity, but that I have to change the power management settings to (supposely) ease or cure the laptop from the infamous 'CPU whine'.

It's a Phoenix BIOS with the W25X32 chip.

Any ideas?

Best regards,
    Ollie

2. alextheg

alextheg MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2009
    Best situation you can expect is that maybe using CBROM to open your bios.bin / rom may be able to unlock some features. A word of warning, if you have no experience of modding bios then leave it to an expert. There are plenty here who MIGHT be able to help. Just post a request in the Bios mod forum.

I will say this though, it is very unlikely that you will gain any new bios options. OEM's lock thier bios's down water tight most of the time so as to avoid the tech support problems that arise from inexperienced users messing with bios. A shame but its a fact im afraid. :(

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...