Packard Bell Laptop Model ARGO C Locked Out BIOS Password

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by sushiacres, Nov 28, 2022.

1. sushiacres

sushiacres MDL Novice

Nov 28, 2022
    #1 sushiacres, Nov 28, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2022
    I have a Packard Bell Laptop Model ARGO C.

MS-Model: ARGS1

Both the BIOS (<F2>), and Boot Manager (<F12>) are inaccessible due to a Password Lock. When failing the password 3 times the laptop simply turns off without providing a number to use with bios-pw.org.

It will not boot into the hard drive or any external devices (CDs, DVDs, USBs) either, it simply demands to enter a password.

The password box is 8 Digits. At the top it shows "PhoenixBIOS Setup Utility". There is no more information i.e BIOS revision.

I looked to see if the CMOS battery was under any of the compartment doors but was not able to locate it. I would rather not have to diasssemble the machine any further unless it is the only option.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Best regards

2. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Guru

Nov 26, 2012
    We can try, the result can be hoped if it has not been changed by someone before
    1. Boot while while pressing/holding F2 to get into the BIOS/UEFI
    2. When the enter password window appears then press Enter 3 times
    3. Enter unlock password window will appear, with Key: 12121212 etc It's example, You must see there something similar, ie some 8 digits.
    4. Enter the code into form field here

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. sushiacres

sushiacres MDL Novice

Nov 28, 2022
    Hi, thank you for the response.

As intended to say in the OP after hitting enter 3 times (failing the password 3 times) the laptop simply shuts down without showing anything further. No digits, key etc.

I am aware that on many laptops failing the password three times will result in a key you can use with bios-pw.org, unfortunately no such luck with this laptop.

4. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Guru

Nov 26, 2012
    #4 kaljukass, Nov 28, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2022
    @sushiacres
    Maybe it's a coincidence that no one has changed them, try these...
    here are some factory defaults for some models
    Username - Default Password
    administrador - 1234
    459441 - 459441
    bell9 - Admin
    Maybe you'll be lucky and get in...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...