packard bell w8068 bios recovery

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by outcastc, Jan 1, 2010.

1. outcastc

outcastc MDL Novice

Dec 3, 2009
    hi all. i flashed my bios and my computer is down. my computer has insyde bios. and i tried following steps and it did not work :(
    -----------------------------------
    How to Recover from Insyde Bios Flash Gone Bad
    FORMAT A USB THUMB DRIVE using FAT, or FAT16 as the file structure when you format it!

use a small capacity thumbdrive if possible,, large thumb drives may require FAT32 to format properly (and no floppy ever required FAT32 so that might cause the recovery to fail) then put the Insyde Bios FILE (linked below) ON THE BLANK THUMB DRIVE
    download and copy it to the formatted thumb DRIVE

(1.) REMOVE CD or DVD if possible (you may have to press the power button the quickly press the CD EJECT button)

(2.) REMOVE ALL USB DEVICES, NETWORK CABLES, (anything hooked to the laptop)

(3.) PRESS AND HOLD the POWER BUTTON DOWN FOR 5 secs to shutdown the laptop

(4.) REMOVE BATTERY

(5.) REMOVE AC CORD

(6.) PUT the USB THUMB DRIVE IN USB SLOT ON RIGHT SIDE OF LAPTOP (the one i used anyway)

(7.) PRESS AND HOLD the POWER BUTTON down for 10 secs... release

(8.) while holding FN + ESC plug in AC POWER CABLE, (KEEP HOLDING FN+ESC the whole time)

(9.) NOW PRESS POWER BUTTON & HOLD IT DOWN... THE FAN SHOULD SPIN UP (keep holding FN+ESC) ONCE FAN SPINS UP, RELEASE POWER BUTTON

(10.) eventually the fan will shut off.... (seemed like 30 seconds,, but could have been 5 minutes... i was freaking out) when fan shuts off i unplugged my AC CORD... REMOVED THE USB DRIVE,,,, and then plugged the AC power back in,,,then pressed power and my the miracle of technology and my preserverance... i got a green power light followed by an ACER POST SCREEN!!!
    ----------------------
    also i tried FN+B and WIN+B key combination but nothing happened. when trying all steps i waited about 10minutes. but computer was not read the usb drive. my bios name is R109_DGT.bin. i read some post on the other forums. they changes their bios names. what should be my bios name how can i learn this. also i want to ask can technical service fix my bios. if yes i will send it to technical service. sorry for my english.