Pagefile.sys Error

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by nIxiIe, Jun 1, 2013.

1. nIxiIe

nIxiIe MDL Novice

Jun 1, 2013
    #1 nIxiIe, Jun 1, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2013
  2. nIxiIe

nIxiIe MDL Novice

Jun 1, 2013
    It is the full retail iso from MSDN, activated by DAZ loader v2.1.9. I am wondering if a program I use called Rollback RX could be the problem, not sure though I cant really find specific information relating to the software and the pagefile

3. nIxiIe

nIxiIe MDL Novice

Jun 1, 2013
    Thanx acrsn I have tried the auto clear method but page file returns at 8 GB, it will be a head ache to remove Rollback but I have a bad feeling this may be the root of the problem. I will try uninstall now and post back here if it worked. Thanx for your time buddy :shake:

4. nIxiIe

nIxiIe MDL Novice

Jun 1, 2013
    Ok at least satisfaction, yes Rollback was the problem, as soon as I uninstalled it the pagefile returned to normal. Shame about Rollback though really was an excellent restore program ah well back to acronis I guess unless anybody can recommend something better :)

5. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Seems to be that Rollback uses the Pagefile for to store the restore information and that's why it need that 8GB.

I don't know Rollback and so I don't know it would be possible for to set the Pagefile o an external or 2. HDD for not to using the System Drive?! If that would be possible, it would be a workaround!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...