Pages wont load completely

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by dragonfire665, Oct 10, 2011.

1. dragonfire665

dragonfire665 MDL Senior Member

Sep 17, 2008
    So this has being happening to my computer for awhile. But never really care. Lately, is just getting annoying. Most of the pages, while using either FF, IE9, or GC, wont load completely. For example, here, My Digital life. If i wanted to post, i cant post within my computer. Right now i am using my laptop. Whenever i click New Thread, or posting in an existed thread, it wont load completely. I can type, but when i click post, it will just keep loading. I will see the turning circle for awhile.

Now, here is another good page. I started to play WoW with my friend, so here is a page i go to learn about stuff, askmrrobot.com. Whenever, i enter my Real and my name, its suppose to load all my gear and stuff. However, in my computer it wont load. Everything else will show, but that main screen. I cant see to understand why.

I am currently using CA internet security 2010 Plus, both in my computer and laptop. I have shut it off in my desktop and still nothing. I am also running Malwarebytes in both computers, and exit it in my desktop, and still nothing. I have Java and Flash up to date. I do not have Windows Firewall running or defense.

I dont get, why pages can load anywhere else, but my desktop.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. IronMaiden

IronMaiden MDL Member

Oct 27, 2009
    Hmm.

This could be happening because your MTU is set wrong. (This is something you would set in the device properties of your network adapter, whether it's wired Ethernet or a wireless adapter.) Usually the MTU is 1492 - check and see what yours says...

3. dragonfire665

Sep 17, 2008
    yea i have wireless, but i will check into that. Thats a good point.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. kubato

kubato MDL Member

Jul 29, 2009
  5. dragonfire665

Sep 17, 2008
    I wish i could connect to a wire. I dont have any connection in my place, to do so i have to make holes thru walls and such. I just moved in so i am still working on that. I do not use torrents and will not use them, not so safe any longer. But do know this, on my past apartment where i was wire, i had the same issue.

6. dragonfire665

Sep 17, 2008
    so i downloaded TGP optimizer and it show me all that could be change and the same goes for MTU which it was at 1500. I optimized it and changed the MTU to 1492 and still nothing. I still cant access this page or askmrrobot since is the best example. I thought i was maybe the router and is not, both my laptop and my gf laptop can easily reach any and all pages.

7. jayblok

jayblok MDL Guru

Dec 26, 2010
    you did not mention whether on vista or windows 7 is the problem? because i see you dual boot

8. dragonfire665

Sep 17, 2008
    sorry i should have change my sig. I got a new HDD, because my old one went down 8 months ago. I delete Vista and only kept my Windows 7 Ultimate 64.

9. IronMaiden

IronMaiden MDL Member

Oct 27, 2009
    You did reboot after making the TCP and MTU changes, right?

10. alextheg

alextheg Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 7, 2009
    Personally i would 'nt be messing about with TCP / IP optimizers. Windows 7 takes care of it for you. As for MTU settings this should be pre - set by your ISP in your router settings . If you are not using the router they provide then you should find the correct MTU for them.

If i were you id do the following, Malware scan, Virus scan, turn on Windows Firewall, Reset IE9, clean install of FF and GC. Id even go as far as resseting your router. After these steps, if the problem persists post back here.

11. evlad

evlad MDL Member

May 23, 2011
    #11 evlad, Oct 11, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2011
    command prompt
    ipconfig /all

you will get something like that:
    then in your browser type http:// ip_nimber_of_default_gateway_address
    if you are prompted to pass: try admin, admin (it is default for most wireless routers).
    then check wan port settings (mtu size).
    if it is 1500 then do nothing (windows default mtu size is 1500)
    if it is in range 1400~1492 then you must use tool cmtu10017.zip (find with google). to adjust your mtu size with router.
    good luck

12. dragonfire665

Sep 17, 2008
    @Ironmaiden

Yes i rebooted after TCP and MTU changes.

@alextheg

The router that i am using is a Dlink 655, a great router. It was reset before. As i said, it only happens to my desktop, not my gfs laptop or mine. I did a virus scan already, that was my first though, and malware scan. I dont like Windows Firewall on along side CA Internet Security plus 2010, too much going on. I did a clean install of FF and GC already but not IE9.

13. windsman

windsman MDL Expert

Jan 11, 2010
    What's security products runs on real-time (you said before ca internet security, have you something else ?), and if you have CA you don't need Windows Firewall.

windsman.

14. dragonfire665

Sep 17, 2008
    Yea, the only real time security i have running are CA Internet Security Plus 2010 (AV, FW), malwarebytes, and it is why i dont ever run Windows Firewall.

15. windsman

windsman MDL Expert

Jan 11, 2010
    Ok Thanks, So if you temporarly disable the real-time protection of Malwarebyt's and CA internet security, does the problem still there ?.

windsman.

16. dragonfire665

Sep 17, 2008
    yes both AV, and FW and malwarebyte. Even disable, well for CA is call Snooze, the problem still persists.

17. windsman

windsman MDL Expert

Jan 11, 2010
    Can you post screenshot of your task manager process during the problem occur ?

Do you use some tuning software like tune-up utilities windows 7 manager, etc....?

Have you ever try to uninstall completly CA Internet Security and go Surfing ?

windsman.

IMHO, CA Internet Security is heavy on ressource and some configuration may interfer.

windsman.

18. dragonfire665

Sep 17, 2008
    Ok, once i get home ill take a screenshot. I have not uninstall CA completely due to the fact that the desktop, my laptop and my gf laptop have the same CA security with the same securities. So is weird how it will only affect the desktop. But i will give it a try to uninstall. I will also take multiple screen shot of an example page, how it should look and how it looks in my screen. For tune-up utilities i use to have Tune-Up Utililites 2010, but not anymore. It has being uninstall since last windows 7 installation.

19. windsman

windsman MDL Expert

Jan 11, 2010
    Ok, i'm sure we are going to figured out your issue.

windsman.