Palit GTX 1050 StormX 2GB GDDR5 good ?

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by Fly3, May 25, 2019.

1. Fly3

Fly3 MDL Junior Member

Oct 7, 2017
    this is the cheapest gtx 1050 card in my country
    would it be good with i5 3470 ?
    320w psu
    8gb ram
    (hp6300)
    main use is gaming

2. digiquandry

digiquandry MDL Member

Sep 13, 2015
    #2 digiquandry, May 25, 2019
    Last edited: May 25, 2019
    EDIT:

Had to edit my response.

I agree with MS_User.

Recommended PSU for a GTX 1050 is 300 watts.

Your CPU has 77w TDP.

Your total wattage with drives should be under 200w.

I think you will be fine.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. MS_User

MS_User MDL Guru

Nov 30, 2014
    #3 MS_User, May 25, 2019
    Last edited: May 25, 2019
    is a decent card but in my opinion I5 is bit old already.. PSU is small 320W....but yes u can game.

4. Fly3

Fly3 MDL Junior Member

Oct 7, 2017
    what about the gpu specifications ?
    will be there bottleneck ?
    is Palit good ?

5. digiquandry

digiquandry MDL Member

Sep 13, 2015
    GPU specs are really based on what your budget can afford.

Just look on YT for 1050 benchmarks.

All of the NVidia 10-series cards are decent performers.

It sucks next to a 1080 ti, but few of us can afford that.

So it's really dictated by your budget.

I don't know the limitations of your CPU so I can't speak on bottlenecks.

I never heard of Palit before today.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Fly3

Fly3 MDL Junior Member

Oct 7, 2017
    guys how to prevent windows from reinstalling nvidia drivers after i remove it (when replace the gpu)
    I can uninstall drivers but after i remove the gpu card and then connect the monitor to intel hd graphcis but i'm asking if is there a better way

7. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    Just uninstall the drivers and shut down your pc, remove the power cord and ground your self before getting into the case. Pop in the new gpu and when you reboot Windows will natively install drivers. You can then install the latest nVidia drivers you downloaded from nVidia and they will replace the native drivers that was installed when you booted up

8. Fly3

Fly3 MDL Junior Member

Oct 7, 2017
    After uninstall drivers windows will be reinstalling them again in just a second I tried this million times before

9. digiquandry

digiquandry MDL Member

Sep 13, 2015
    1.--If you use Windows Update, disconnect from internet.

2.--Uninstall any programs (NOT DRIVERS) with dedicated uninstall program (there are several)...instead of Windows uninstaller. This will remove extra registry entries.

3.--Then run CCleaner (Use registry fixer to remove remnants in registry.)

4.--Go to Device Manager to remove drivers. First, right-click on device and "disable" drivers. Then, right-click on device and UNINSTALL DRIVERS.

Re-boot.

10. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    Well you have to have something to run the gpu because without any kind of driver, you would not be able to see anything at all.
    Windows will auto-install a native driver anytime you remove the gpu driver. It is expected. Just shut down, install the new card and when you install the new drivers they will replace any windows drivers it is currently using

11. Modest1

Modest1 MDL Novice

May 27, 2019
    What country are you speaking about?

12. digiquandry

digiquandry MDL Member

Sep 13, 2015
    I said I had never heard of Palit.

I noticed they were a vendor at Computex...so they do seem like a big player.

13. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
  14. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    #14 Yen, May 28, 2019
    Last edited: May 28, 2019
    Most people know the daughter of Palit, it's Gainward.
    Sometimes the smaller daughter is more popular than the mother (for instance Crucial / Micron).

@Fly3

To change the GPU just remove the driver and uninstall the device at the device manager and shut down PC.
    Then do the physical exchange
    Boot up windows and wait until defaults have been installed.
    Run latest Nvidia driver exe and choose custom. THERE select / tick 'perform a clean installation'.

(This even works when you just exchange the GPU without to do anything before since the OS recognizes the change and switches to compatible mode.)

Important is that you choose 'perform a clean installation' at Nvidia setup!

15. Fly3

Fly3 MDL Junior Member

Oct 7, 2017
    #15 Fly3, May 30, 2019
    Last edited: May 31, 2019
    (OP)
    Edit
    I just uninstall gt 710 drivers and removed the gt 710 and plug gtx 1050 but when i tuned on the PC i saw a black screen and a light black screen switching multiple times then everything is working good now after install the new drivers (custom)