Parental control not working....

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by qwertywarez, Oct 17, 2009.

1. qwertywarez

qwertywarez MDL Novice

Aug 12, 2009
    Hello everyone, Ive setup time limits for a user account on Win7 and it is not logging off the user at the specified time. It does however block the user from logging back into the profile if he tries to go back in after the time limit. Anyone had the same problem?
    Does it have anything to do with the fact that I regedit'ed out the LOG OFF & Switch User option of the start menu and CTRL-Alt-Del screen?

Thanks

2. Dolorous Edd

Dolorous Edd MDL Expert

Aug 31, 2009
    Wish I had some input other than to tell you that it works fine on my son's computer. Could he be playing with the clock? do you have both the clock and the time limits set correctly? Check to make sure the clock is set to am or pm correctly.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. qwertywarez

qwertywarez MDL Novice

Aug 12, 2009
    Clock is fine... in fact I even blocked it from admin using gpedit.msc

4. Dolorous Edd

Dolorous Edd MDL Expert

Aug 31, 2009
    #4 Dolorous Edd, Oct 17, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. qwertywarez

qwertywarez MDL Novice

Aug 12, 2009
    Thanks for the links. This is not upgrade but a new RTM install with Bios mod.

6. Sabresite

Sabresite MDL Member

Nov 7, 2007
    Try putting back the Log off/Switch User option and see if it works again. I would doubt they have anything in common, but you never know.