Parental control software,need suggestion

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by siennal, Jan 19, 2010.

1. siennal

siennal MDL Novice

Jan 19, 2010
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. irqbw81

irqbw81 MDL Novice

Sep 15, 2009
    i suggest using opendns..its not a software but sure thing it will keep bad things away from your kids :)

3. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
  4. siennal

siennal MDL Novice

Jan 19, 2010
    Thx ur relpies,irqbw81 , urie,I guess I will give it a go.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Hopy

Hopy MDL Novice

Jan 28, 2010
  6. Kile

Kile MDL Novice

Feb 16, 2010
    There are a lot of programs for parental control. For example I use Dutywatch by Actymac. But i have a mac. And my child is under my full control. It can be called paranoid, but it's better just to know what sites he climbs.

7. lollett

lollett MDL Novice

Feb 3, 2010
    K9 Web Protection - Free for personal use! PC and Mac - Easy to configure, Transparent for ALL browsers and you can also setup times the kiddies are aloud on the internet.

8. Dolorous Edd

Dolorous Edd MDL Expert

Aug 31, 2009
    Parental controls in vista and 7 are good, if you have 7 an need the web filtering you need to download live essentials, if you don't want the othre stuff just select the family safety portion.

9. dinadana

dinadana MDL Novice

Feb 11, 2011
    If you're using Mac you can just turn on your @parental control@ option in your system preferences. For bigger you need to buy a keylogger. I'm using ProteMac KeyBag. Not for parental control, but for bussines needs)

10. livinginswva

livinginswva MDL Member

Sep 5, 2010
    I used CyberSentinel about 5 years ago with my kids. It has an active and a stealth mode, and will email you when it is triggered.

11. gikone

gikone MDL Novice

Feb 12, 2011
    Great ideas and impressions!