Partition Problem !

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by ita, Apr 5, 2010.

1. ita

ita MDL Novice

Sep 12, 2009
    Hi guys
    i had an virus on my pc so i must reisntall windows 7 o_O
    my problem is that i have 2 partitionn 1 is for windows and the other one is for Games etc..
    so i installed windows 7 and my 2 Partition with games isnt anymore listet in the Menu i saw that now the 100mb partition that usually install with windows 7 is on the partition 2 so that my second partition is with the 100mb partition and games but i cant play my games anymore because the 100mb partition made it invisible

2. Dolorous Edd

Dolorous Edd MDL Expert

Aug 31, 2009
    Type disk management in the search bar, hit enter, take a screen shot of your drives and partitions and post it here (not sure how, never have done here). If the partition with your games still exists and does not have a drive letter assigned to it just right click and assign a letter. If however you accidentally formatted it then you are in deep doodoo.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
  4. Dolorous Edd

Dolorous Edd MDL Expert

Aug 31, 2009
    Never used tinypic. to be honest I don't post many pics online. As for getting the screenshot, not problem there.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. ioftro

ioftro MDL Junior Member

Sep 9, 2009
    You stated that your 2nd partition is now 100mb which leads me to believe you viewed that from Disk Management? Also, what do you mean invisible? If you see a partition without a drive letter in disk management then I would agree with Dolorous Edd, you simply have to assign a drive letter. Unless you deleted partitions when you reinstalled w7 and that is bad news.

6. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    #6 timesurfer, Apr 5, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2010
    Coule he try this to see what going on in the HDD

In cmd line as admin type:

diskpart
    list disk
    select disk 0
    list partition
    select partition 1
    detail partition

etc...lol

7. ioftro

ioftro MDL Junior Member

Sep 9, 2009
    Using disk management from within windows would be so much easier. If the partition is there, it's a matter of right click and assign drive letter. His post is not detailed enough though, so unless we get more info, it would be a guessing game.

8. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    I did that within windows at cmd line

9. ioftro

ioftro MDL Junior Member

Sep 9, 2009
    Yes you can do that using cmd while in windows but using disk management would be easier both visually and without the need for commands.