Partition Recovery

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Digitalforum, Mar 30, 2013.

1. Digitalforum

Digitalforum MDL Novice

Mar 30, 2013
    I am using windows 7 taking regular image backup through Macrium software. I have two partition "C" & "F". I have the habit of deleting older backups when I take the recent one. Unfortunately when I took the last back up I forgot to select "F" partition.

Today I faced booting problem in my computer and restored by image backup from the earlier backup. Now, I realized that my "F" partition is missing after restoring and all my important files stored in "F" partition is missing. As I don't have earlier backups how to recover my data from the "F" partition. Can anyone help me.

2. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    #2 pisthai, Mar 31, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2013
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. parapher

parapher MDL Senior Member

Nov 6, 2012
    #3 parapher, Mar 31, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2013
    1: Why are you linking to warez on MDL forum?
    2: Why are you recommending a file recovery program rather than a partition recovery program (Active@ Partition Recovery also exists).

4. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    1.: You didn't could know the Apps an MY Mega Account are Warez, you could just assume! In fact I use to place by me unused Apps there for those who may use it, Apps which I obtained legally. If I would link to Warez, I would use to do that by PM only!
    2.: Those apps are also doing partition recovery, as mentioned in my post already. Beside of that, sometimes File Recovery works better that Partition Recovery.

Links are now removed and, files deleted from MY Mega account and will re-uploaded to get new Links. As of you complaint, in future I'll give Original Apps to those only who are serious and objective. Those links will be given by PM only. I've a lot unused Original Software and Apps. Thanks to your post, I learned that I've to be careful even to offer help and my own property to others for free.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Carlos Detweiller

Carlos Detweiller Emperor of Ice-Cream

Dec 21, 2012
    That's really generous of you. The big problem is that software is only licensed, not sold. Software isn't your property, you only obtained the right to use it, and that right is, in most cases, not transferable (and if, then only permanently and completely).
    So the software you have, is, together with the obtained licenses, legal, but making it available to others isn't. And yes, that sucks.

6. parapher

parapher MDL Senior Member

Nov 6, 2012
    #6 parapher, Apr 3, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2013
    Serious and objective? What are you talking about? You can't hand out personal or business licenses to whoever you please on this forum. So how about you get serious and objective about what you were trying to do? You can't transfer licenses to other people. It's not about your intent, it's about the intent of the software company! So yes, by any correct definition what you were trying to do is warez distribution. Just contact the software company and ask them what their take is on posting links of their licensed software on a tech forum visited by thousands of people a day. It's not about being a stickler about things concerning warez, it's about being serious and objective about the protocol for the forum :)

If you understood what the reality of that software was, you would know it was never up to you to offer to others. You merely have a license to use, not to distribute and license others. Sigh...

7. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    find and mount (pro goes faster.. not free)

8. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Thanks for your reply and I've to admit that your totally right.

May except one: I could redistribute Licenses I bought to other/new License Holder. Also I could give licenses for to use by others in case I haver the right of multiple using of those Apps in the extend of the amount given by the developer, depending on the limits declared in EULA.

I also once learned again that I've to be very carefully to offer help to whom. Even those, who asked for help by PM's and were get it from me in giving them some licensed Apps, were turning against me in the public forum of MDL. They admitted by PM that those apps were helping them and get things back working and in public forum telling the opposite and attacked, accused and insulted me. I still have some of those PM's!

I'm happy to help if I could but regarding material help, like apps, I would more than careful for the future here at MDL.

Nver mind, I would thanks again for your post.