Partitions on a flash drive?

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by NuBiXx, Feb 16, 2010.

1. NuBiXx

NuBiXx MDL Novice

Jul 29, 2009
    A long time ago I used a USB flash drive program on my 4gig Flash Drive and I partition it 2gig each partition. I forget what this program was called but I remember it having a format option and a slide bar where all I had to do was slide it in any direction and this would create the partitions.

My problem is I can not get my flash drive back to 4gig I have used different partition programs like Paragon Partition Manager, Acronis*Disk Director Suite and a few others and I can't get it back to 4gigs can someone please suggest what can I do? thanks

2. msr

msr MDL Senior Member

Dec 27, 2007
    Have you tried hp usb format utility.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. NuBiXx

NuBiXx MDL Novice

Jul 29, 2009
    If I remember doesn't that program just format the partition I need a program to get my Flash drive back to 4gigs instead of having two partitons.

4. msr

msr MDL Senior Member

Dec 27, 2007
    You need to wipe the mbr record on the drive.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. msr

msr MDL Senior Member

Dec 27, 2007
    Have you tried active kill disk, and write zeros to the drive, wiping out partitions.

Active kill disk, should wipe out all partitions if you boot from the cd, with your usb plugged into your computer. Then just right click on the drive, and not the partitions, to wipe disk, and partitions.

6. NuBiXx

NuBiXx MDL Novice

Jul 29, 2009
    Thanks for the suggestion, I have tried both hp usb format utility and kill disk and still not working I created a bootable dvd with Active kill ran it and choose kill disk, and write zeros but both partitions are still there :(

7. starams5

starams5 MDL Member

Feb 5, 2010
    That's weird, Killdisk have saved the day for me many of times and so has Paragon for that matter. In DOS, what happens if you try to delete the partition (and don't forget to apply the action).