Password protect folders on USB drive.

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by Ganknam, Oct 22, 2012.

1. Ganknam

Ganknam MDL Novice

Oct 20, 2012
    Does anyone know of a good program that will password protect some folders on my USB drive.

2. Pr3acher

Pr3acher MDL Member

Aug 24, 2012
    Hi,
    idk such a soft but if you're on Windows 7 you can use bitlocker (i think right click on USB drive to get it work).
    Thus you'll be asked for a pass. each time you plug it on a pc.

3. Ganknam

Ganknam MDL Novice

Oct 20, 2012
    I'm not looking to lock the USB drive itself, but folders on it. Say i have a folder named "Pr3acher's nude pics" and i just wanna put a password on that folder only.

4. Ganknam

Ganknam MDL Novice

Oct 20, 2012
    Alright, i will give it a try.

5. nIxiIe

nIxiIe MDL Novice

Jun 1, 2013
    Thanx for Pismo never heard of it befoire

6. cocachris89

cocachris89 MDL Senior Member

Mar 1, 2013
    Worst comes to worst, you could always use 7zip/winrar etc. to make an archive and put a password on it.

7. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Just protect the whole USB drive with an password. That would require to key in the password if you like to use anything from that drive oncefor the timke as long as that USB Drive is inserted.

Using 7zip , rar or whatsoever compression and archiving tool would mean that you've every time, you like to use a file, uncompress that archive and re-compress it again after done your work! That would need quite some time and would be boring within a few days!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...