Passwrod expiration in windows 7?Will win 7ultimate would not prompt? How to disable

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by jraju, Jun 23, 2013.

1. jraju

jraju MDL Member

Apr 6, 2013
    Recently i heard from my friend, that his password date expired, and he could not log on to the computer. I have a doubt.Would not windows prompt this alert? Why this feature is present at all in windows. Nobody wants this kind of situation, where you cannot log on to the computer properly.I have heard of incorrect password warning, as someone other than the users entitled try to log in to the computer. How to over come this problem. Please

2. Humphrey

Humphrey MDL Expert

Dec 13, 2011
    #2 Humphrey, Jun 23, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. jraju

jraju MDL Member

Apr 6, 2013
    #3 jraju, Jun 23, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2013
    (OP)
    Sir, Thanks for the link for solution. But why the password is set to expire on windows?. I just now read from seven forum posts, that if you click "password never expires" box in the Lusrmgr.msc, and then users->select user-> and then in General tab, will the password never expires, sir. If this is the settings, i have, will the password could be used? Is there any default days fixed for the administrators, users of the computer. I will give the link to the friend, sir, Expecting your reply again , sir,
    How to know the days of expiration before hand? will i get any warning by prompts. So , please elaborate on your answers so that this post is viewed and benefit so much of our forum members. Is it not a strange, sir, password expires. User password expires

4. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  5. jraju

jraju MDL Member

Apr 6, 2013
    Thanks tito sir, Please see my thread and kindly clarify, as to why this problem one has to face. how to know, when the password expires, etc.

6. Humphrey

Humphrey MDL Expert

Dec 13, 2011
    #6 Humphrey, Jun 23, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2013
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. jraju

jraju MDL Member

Apr 6, 2013
    Thanks to tito and humphrey. I checked my user account and found it is set to never expires.

8. Carlos Detweiller

Carlos Detweiller Emperor of Ice-Cream

Dec 21, 2012
    Password expiration is on by default only on Server OS, where it makes sense (42 days). It's one thing to deal with for users with 'Server Workstation'.

Otherwise, he might have enabled it by using a Tweaker wrongly, or by following a tip to make Windows ''more secure''.