patching the theme dll's

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by rezhakzer, Oct 17, 2011.

1. rezhakzer

rezhakzer MDL Novice

Sep 25, 2011
    hi to all reading this, :D
    right where to start,
    i want to mod my se7en to the style i want, im on 32-bit ultimate,
    the trouble is i dont want to use the patchers that are out there,
    ive used the universal theme patcher by deepx,"really good" and ive also opened up the patched files in rez hacker,
    what i see with both the patched and unpatched files is all thats changed is when you run the ux theme patcher is that the chksums might change,
    but heres my problem.
    looking at the two seperate files patched/unpatched all the code looks the same,
    so what does the patcher actually do,
    is it just a matter of taking ownership on those files and changing the owner to me"administrator" or does something else magical happen that im not aware of,
    im only asking as i want to create my own theme a dark/electric blue theme,
    if anyone can help or :smartass: learn/tell me :smartass: how to patch it manually then i'd be very grateful,
    however if its just a case of taking ownership then i have no problems in doing that.

thanks

rezhakzer
    .:D

ps. im really curios and eager to learn "even the hard way"???

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. rezhakzer

rezhakzer MDL Novice

Sep 25, 2011
    • Replies: 0
    • Views: 85

Today, 03:00 AM
    ??????come on guys please help an old dog out 85 views and not 1 reply??????

if anyone knows what i need to do other than using a program to patch the dll's needed then id be very greatful for the help or chat

rezhakzer

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. rezhakzer

rezhakzer MDL Novice

Sep 25, 2011
    Extracted themeui/themeservice/uxtheme.dll's for download

:welcomeani:
    for anyone intrested in themeing and modding the system files,
    i have got the three main themefiles after using the universal patcher,
    however im a paranoid kind of person so i've patched the system files with the patcher done a complete reinstall and then used the saved themeing files,...

uxtheme.dll
    themeservice.dll
    themeui.dll

also got the,

system32-en-us-mui's in the 7zip file too.

and to this day i have had no kind of problems with creating my own themes and installing themes from other people,
    just a quick note to all reading,
    the reason for me doing it this way is to avoid any hacks virus or malware,
    they are clean and fully working
    and to be honest the universal theme patcher does a great job of patching the theme files, its just my own paranoia,

so for people who are like me and get the odd bit para shoot me a personal message or reply and ill do a quick upload so you guys can start themeing or installing themes,
    good luck and enjoy
    :biggrin:

P.S.-... dont forget to do a restart after using these theme dll's
    and all should be good for everyone...;)