pavilion g6 owner desperate

Discussion in 'Mobile and Portable' started by led1957, Feb 13, 2016.

1. led1957

led1957 MDL Novice

Feb 13, 2016
    First of all I hope this thread is still active.I 'd like to thank in advance,anyone who will look after my problem.I have a Pavilion g6 1305ev.It was fine,until about a month ago when problems started with the graphics ati hd 7450m card.I was able to run it well and was hoping it was a driver's(rather than the card)problem.I tried to turn it on about a week ago and it was dead,except the caps lock light that blinks 5 times stops than again.To make matters worse I decided I could fix it, maybe, since it appeared dead I Hopefully as had nothing to lose.Well i was wrong.From a previously working laptop I have arrived to a "bricked" one.Now to my question(s).When I press the on button nothing happens except the caps lock light that blinks 5 times stops than again,but if I keep win+b pressed it blinks only 2 times so I thought that if I was able to fix the bios maybe I could proceed further.I have tried everything iI've read here 1.downloaded latest bios from hp sp60864 extracted the 2 files with phoenix tool copied them to properly prepared usb(16 gb Toshiba) to the right places renamed them to my revision name (rev no 1670-130)removed everything from laptop hdd,dvd ,battery removed and reseated memory sticks .I insert the usb press win+b turn power on after a while the usb flashes for a short time than the light on caps lock starts blinking twice(corrupted bios )and everything stops.I hope I haven't really tried everything and there is still something. I hope that like so many others I, too will find a solution>Thanks in advance.Greetings from the suffering and struggling Greece.

2. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
  3. led1957

led1957 MDL Novice

Feb 13, 2016
    First of all let me thank you for taking the time to help me and all the others of course.I followed your instructions downloaded sp 73047 created a usb copied the files from your link renamed them to 0166C.BIN and .SIG put the usb in the laptop, booted,the light on the usb started flashing but the sceen remained blank.When the usb light stopped flashing the caps lock light started blinking 5 times instead of 2 but the screen is still dead.I hope you haven't run out of ideas or that I did something wrong.

4. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    #4 LatinMcG, Feb 15, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2016
    i take it you didnt check ram and clean connections and try 1 ram instead of 2 stick?

try filenames 01670.bin and 01670.sig

also i can try other version files.. what version did it have before crash ?

5. led1957

led1957 MDL Novice

Feb 13, 2016
    I tried with 1 or 2 sticks,with 01670.bin but the usb light was on for less time than with the files that you uploaded.Using testdisk I was able to recover the partition Hp tools that I had erased and discovered the bios files. it was version 0166C.I wrapped it in a blanket let it turn off by itself waited a bit turned it on, the screen turned on it read "checksum wrong.....press enter to reboot, I did and back to caps lock light blinking 5 times.Thanks again for taking the time to look into my problem.Much appreciated.