PB A 7145 Phoenix Bios v 3A18

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by itaylort, Nov 3, 2008.

1. itaylort

itaylort MDL Novice

Nov 3, 2008
    #1 itaylort, Nov 3, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2008
    PB A 7145 Phoenix Bios v 3A18****FIXED****

:)Hi all,

I would like to pick your brains in the hope someone might know the answer.

I have a Packardbeell laptop A 7145 easynote. I have recently upgraded the BIOS from the PB website Where the had version 3A22 and 3A23. The version i had installed with the laptop from new was 3A18.
    After the upgrade the screen will not power up correctly and remains very dark. You can see the pc boot into windows as normal if you use a torch shone at the screen from an angle.
    The pc works fine when using the svideo out to the tv, just no screen.

Has anyone got any ideas? I have been trying to track down the A18 version to re input ,as i think its probably the Bios A22 and A23 thats not compatible with the screen.
    Well thats the first step anyway.
    I have tried to contact PB but the site will not let me log in today for some reason.

Many Thanks for any help

E

Changed the inverter board and now all is well:D

2. Suicide Solution

Suicide Solution MDL Addicted

Apr 29, 2008
    Go into bios setup and check for any settings that may have some affect. I would load default settings while in there and then exit and save just to see if that helps. Sometimes the saved cmos does crazy things after a bios update and this helps correct it sometimes.

3. itaylort

itaylort MDL Novice

Nov 3, 2008
    thanks for the reply,

I have just solved it. By coincidence the same time the bios update was carried out the inverter board had gone. I think too much of a coincidence for my liking.

Changed the board and the screen is fine.

E