pc does not boot

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by anima, Mar 7, 2011.

1. anima

anima MDL Junior Member

Feb 17, 2011
    hallo everyone.
    my pc all of a sudden as i turned it on it displayed a mesage saying something about overclocking failed although i didnt overclock or anything.When i reboot now its all a black screen nothing appears.
    what could have possibly happenned and how to fix it?

2. exorcist

exorcist MDL Junior Member

Oct 31, 2007
    Try resetting the bios. :)

3. anima

anima MDL Junior Member

Feb 17, 2011
    how to do that?i get nothing but black screen since i turn it on i cant enter bios

4. exorcist

Oct 31, 2007
    1. Remove power Lead from pc.
    2. Remove CMOS battery from inside pc ( small round shiny thing )
    3. Press power button then leave pc for 10 - 15 mins (have a beer while waiting ) :yummy:
    4. Replace CMOS battery and power lead and switch on.

5. anima

anima MDL Junior Member

Feb 17, 2011
    i will give it a shot

6. Error_801

Error_801 MDL Junior Member

Jul 31, 2009
    your motherboard should have a jumper switch read you manual it a 3-pin and reset that normaly it's blue and small remove to pin 1 and 2 dont turn your pc on leave for a few seconds then move it back to 2-3 pin that should work if not remove the battery for 10 -15 sec then put back in that should reset your bios to factory setting then go to bios and reset all the time and date and what ever tweaks you use if you use tweak's

@ exorcist 3. Press power button then leave pc for 10 - 15 mins WTH :confused:

7. Josh Cell

Josh Cell MDL Developer

Jan 8, 2011
    on new motherboards, the battery only serves to update the date / time ...

some settings are elsewhere in the bios.

a manual reset with the jumper if it would solve the case of failure of overclocking ...

motherboards that has reset properly with the insert button on the keyboard, try also :D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. exorcist

Oct 31, 2007
    my instructions are for someone who does not know how to do a reset if he dont know how to reset the bios chances are he dont know what a jumper is, also not all jumpers are "BLUE" my instructions are clear and simple if that dont work then we can then go to the next stage and look at the jumpers.

9. anima

anima MDL Junior Member

Feb 17, 2011
    i removed the battery and then replaced it after a while but there is no result.screen is still all black when i turn it on

i didnt get the things about blue pins and stuff

10. exorcist

Oct 31, 2007
    check pm's :)

11. MSOFT

MSOFT MDL Novice

Mar 6, 2011
    i will give it a shot ;)

good