PC Magazin Report

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by Marumon88, Nov 5, 2009.

1. Marumon88

Marumon88 MDL Novice

Sep 19, 2009
    #1 Marumon88, Nov 5, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2009
    Hi boys and girls..

The german PC Magazin shows screenshots from SLIC Dump Toolkit and an thread called All SlICS 2.1. taken from MDL Forum. They are talking about BIOS modding and loaders.
    ....and called it illegal. Imho I want to say **** you Mr. newsman. Leave us alone.
    Whats your opinion about this?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Myrrh

Myrrh MDL Expert

Nov 26, 2008
    only illegal if you use it for piracy.

if you got a legit copy on the shelf for each machine you modded, who cares.

not illegal to own a gun (yet), but if you shoot someone with it that's a different story.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Marumon88

Marumon88 MDL Novice

Sep 19, 2009
    RE

I just want to say - what are they lurking around here.
    Alot of people will google now to find out whats going on here at MDL.
    I think to much puplic isnt good for MDL.

4. NoJuan999

NoJuan999 Experienced SLIC Tool Operator

Jul 31, 2009
  5. Marumon88

Marumon88 MDL Novice

Sep 19, 2009
    #5 Marumon88, Nov 5, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2009
    (OP)
    I dont know if this article is online, maybe at pc-magazine.de
    I just had a short look at the trainstation waiting for the train.
    It is the new issue 12/2009

Cant find it at pc-magazine.de too. Maybe they havent updated the site yet

6. ancestor(v)

ancestor(v) Admin
    Staff Member

Jun 26, 2007
    People pirate copy software so often - who really cares? No one....same with bios modding (at least for me)...

7. Michel

Michel MDL Expert

Jul 29, 2009
    Look at it from the other side, people who bought that magazine and can't buy windows 7 could learn from that magazine and safe money!. They just give people some hints what you can do here :D

8. FreeStyler

FreeStyler MDL Guru

Jun 23, 2007
    #8 FreeStyler, Nov 9, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    Code:
    Username: Marumon88 
    Says who?
    Please if you have nothing better to post, please don't

9. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    They only wrote about SLICs and MDL to raise the volume of sales. It's always the same with those articles...... I have to tell to you something exclusively (attract attention)...and then they say: No, no, to perform it would be illegal. Why to report of something and calling it illegal to perform?

Would you please post a copy of the article here?

IMO they should shut up!

10. BuonaDomenica

BuonaDomenica MDL Senior Member

Aug 27, 2009
    OMG :eek: we are going to jail!! :rolleyes:

too bad this gets so much attention and hope that will not take down the entire forum.

11. ancestor(v)

ancestor(v) Admin
    Staff Member

Jun 26, 2007
    I'm quite sure this won't happen - pretty sure we've had and maybe still have attention...but until that day nothing really happened. There were just one or two take-down requests, nothing serious.

We keep the forum clean of pirate copies (warez etc) and all other problematic stuff - which is part of the security of our members. There are enough warez sharing boards....we don't need another one. MDL is mainly a place for modding (and understanding) BIOS...a theoretical, legal aspect of bios technology....and all the other stuff you find here, of course.

12. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    No complaint received about biosmods and even the loaders so far. Only one take down request regarding SLP1.0 for OEM specific keys..this we did already since there are non OEM specific serials as well directly published from M$ itself.:rolleyes:

Anyway that's one of the reasons why we restrict the loaders. We want MDL to keep running without any trouble....If we should get complaints about the loaders we will have to delete them all.:eek:;) No word about biosmods so far....

13. Hoppyah

Hoppyah MDL Senior Member

Aug 12, 2009
    dont think there arsed I got my Illegal copy of a MS product activated today by phone by ms themselves.

14. ESC 1000

ESC 1000 Guest

#15 ESC 1000, Nov 10, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
  15. YIN

YIN MDL Member

May 31, 2009
    #16 YIN, Nov 10, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
  16. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    Hazar, is not asking for money he is saying donations,which is ok as far as im'e concerned nuhi did it also only to keep up his web page i am no fan of nuhi, old adversary because i am involved with another program, Hazar, has never asked for contributions on MDL it is his own Web Page.

17. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    #18 911medic, Nov 11, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2009

Uhhh..No he isnt..

Hazar is not asking for money here, bit there is another here still active under another name that is. He has been removed several times..If you need an ISO link and then a serial and you are asked for a donation..report it....

Never ask for compensation here, Never pay compensation here..report those that do..

I do think that external websites should not link to here though..I think THAT is bad JUJU...:D:p;)

18. supdrmann

supdrmann MDL Novice

Jul 29, 2009
    Today i readed this article on a trainstation newspapershop...
    The first thing i saw, was a screenshot from a blue-styled forum...and i directly knowed what it is :D

But the bad is, now it's very public to the rest, ... will this let M$ react more?

They wrote that M$ is hard on working for counters...
    M$ mean that it will be easy for them to find loaders on machines, but if i
    think back when win7 is released an we used here win7... :rolleyes:

19. ESC 1000

ESC 1000 Guest

911medic, urie we know the demands hazar no money, just not publicly, he should donate to beg for his side, which can be used to ign, it's just a question of time until the post comes from ms after this press reports.