PC reboots when put to sleep

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by mirin, Sep 6, 2013.

1. mirin

mirin MDL Novice

Apr 6, 2012
    #1 mirin, Sep 6, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2013
    Hey

I've had this build for a year or so:
    Win 7 Ult 64 (Daz loader)
    Extreme4 mobo
    Corsair CX600 PSU
    Samsung green RAM
    Samsung 840 SSD

As of some time ago the PC started crashing and rebooting when put to sleep. I've since reset the BIOS (was stable overclocked slightly), still the same.

Event viewer doesn't show anything. Malware/ virus/ rootkit free.

THE last thing that I can think of being changed (cannot say the problem started happening here though) was me downloading some USB 3.0 updates from the ASrock website (I opted for no optical drive so I never installed the ones provided on the disk)

This shouldn't matter but if it's USB related I've got 2 keyboards and mice connected, one set wired, one wireless (doubles as HTPC), external USB drive, 360 controller.

I've searched and searched, people recommended changing the sleep modes in power management, none of that helps.

TIA

Edit: BTW, it WILL sleep, but sometimes it's on the first try, sometimes on the fourth.

2. Hearsepilot

Hearsepilot MDL Novice

Aug 31, 2009
    Are there any newer graphics drivers available than you have presently?

3. mirin

mirin MDL Novice

Apr 6, 2012
    It's just integrated hd4000, up to date.

So far no luck.

4. mirin

mirin MDL Novice

Apr 6, 2012
    Anyone????

5. intel_outside

intel_outside MDL Novice

Sep 8, 2013
    Faced similar problem a few weeks ago. My mb fried during lightning. Got it replaced. Tweaked the bios for uefi boot. Worked fine for a day or two. Then on pressing the Sleep or Shutdown button the computer would reboot. But mine system never crashed. Looked for problems in system events but nothing. The problem remained for 2 days. Finally got to BIOS and did "Load Optimized Defaults". Solved the problem. Its running fine since. I even tweaked the bios afterwards for uefi. No problems yet. But I was unable to identify the root cause of problem. So resetting the Bios could solve ur problem too.
    BTW my mb is Gigabyte and OS Windows 8.
    Good Luck.