PC restarts during boot every other boot?

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by MonarchX, Jul 26, 2015.

1. MonarchX

MonarchX MDL Expert

May 5, 2007
    #1 MonarchX, Jul 26, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2015
    Well just when I thought my Windows 10 install was excellent, I ran into another problem - when my PC is off, turning it on results in a restart during the first boot, but the second boot goes through. I haven't had anything like that with Windows 8.1. Hardware-wise my PC was rock-solid with Windows 8.1 - no freezes, crashes, hangs, restarts, etc.

Another thing I noticed is that when I boot into desktop, Windows 10 keeps using my HDD - I can hear it spinning (its obvious). I believe it is the reason why right after booting into desktop, Windows 10 is barely responsive for some 30 seconds, during which I can hear my HDD spinning. I have OS installed on primary SSD and there are no startup items or any kind of booting connection to my HDD. In fact, there 0 startup items or 3rd party services or any task scheduled to execute on booting into desktop. HDD is connected via SATA using Intel controller (NOT ASMedia). I have the latest Intel RST drivers installed too.

I also can't access my Wi-Fi connection through normal Control Panel - it kicks me out when I double-click on existing Wi-Fi connection. I tried different drivers, but that did not help... I can only connect via global Settings < Network & Internet.

Running SFC ScanNow and DISM CheckHealth and Chkdsk with bad sector scan & fix results in no errors/problems being found...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. MonarchX

MonarchX MDL Expert

May 5, 2007
    My CPU and GPU are rock-solid, Prime95 for 48hours - no errors. OC is either stable or its not, regardless of the OS.

I also can't access my Wi-Fi connection through normal Control Panel - it kicks me out when I double-click on existing Wi-Fi connection. I tried different drivers, but that did not help... I can only connect via global Settings < Network & Internet.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Mutagen

Mutagen MDL Addicted

Feb 18, 2013

http://forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/62872-Kb3074681

I apologize if I am reading the link wrong, but there may be a bug (crash) that occurs when trying to get network properties and having KB3074681 installed.