PC shutsdown during windows loading....progress

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by gemoney, Oct 2, 2010.

1. gemoney

gemoney MDL Novice

May 30, 2007
    I have windows vista installed and the system have been running ok with no issue. I restarted the computer after windows update now the start wouldn't even boot into windows....It does boot pass bios and detected eveything with no problem, but when in the progress of loading windows it shutdowns....I have tried safe mode, insert a vista cd, and Hiren's boot cd and it all shutdown before even booting up. The vista cd will be loading then shutdown....it doesn't even make to where I can choose new install or system repair or restore....I haven't witness this before....I did took the drive out of the system and back up my files using another system...so I would like to re-install....but I can't even get the cd to boot pass the loading progress either...could this be cause by the drive or could it be the motherboard....my PSU 500W.

2. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008
    Could be anything...

Start from CD with NOTHING but ONLY memory & graphics connected

sebus

3. gemoney

gemoney MDL Novice

May 30, 2007
    I did and it still shutdown....I even tried backtrack 3 to boot using the cd....it still shutdowns after trying to boot. I can't even get to the installation screen to choose which vista to install...

4. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008
    Check that the fan on CPU turns & then run memory test (memtest CD is good or Hirems)

sebus