PC To LED TV Display Failed Through HDMI

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by abhihba, Oct 15, 2015.

1. abhihba

abhihba MDL Novice

Mar 28, 2011
    PC To LED TV Display Failed Through HDMI (Windows 7 /8/8.1 /10 (32/64 BIT)

Intel driver is invoked after reboot in the moment when login screen appears. This is why everybody get black screen after windows boot. When Intel driver gets active hdmi output fails

But If I have a work around, after the system has booted using a VGA connection

Control panel -> System -> Device Manager -> Display Adapter -> Right Click on The Intel HD Graphics -> Disable Device
    Then
    Control panel -> System -> Device Manager -> Display Adapter -> Right Click on The Intel HD Graphics -> Enable Device

After that the HDMI and DVI connectors work.

2. David34

David34 MDL Member

Sep 6, 2015
    I have no problem nor ever had connecting pc through hdmi to the TV

3. Engineer2k2

Engineer2k2 MDL Member

Jun 21, 2012
    Make the HDMI or DVI as Primary Display - May Help!:cool:

4. eemuler

eemuler MDL Senior Member

Jul 31, 2015
    HDMI doesn't support all VGA resolutions and refresh rates. Some older TVs do not report their capabilities correctly, so the graphics adapter doesn't know what settings to apply.

If you are using both VGA and HDMI monitors, do not use the clone mode. Instead, set the mode to extend so that the two monitors can have different settings.

5. David34

David34 MDL Member

Sep 6, 2015
    Didn't know there are still vga tvs. His issue was probably with graphic driver, maybe an old graphic card with outdated drivers.

6. Engineer2k2

Engineer2k2 MDL Member

Jun 21, 2012

He is talking about LED TV - I believe it can't be an OLD model.:confused:

7. David34

David34 MDL Member

Sep 6, 2015
    You're right ENGINEER2k2 :) and it seems he sorted his issue just tried to help others fix their hdmi problem if any

8. PGHammer

PGHammer MDL Senior Member

Oct 14, 2011
    I use either Extend or Exclusive

I normally use either Extend or Exclusive (not Clone) since my HDMI device (my desktop's display) is TALLER than that of the exporting notebook (HP Pavilion dv4 - my development notebook; my desktop had the PSU fail, and I haven't had the time or funds to replace it yet). In Exclusive mode, the desktop display (1920x1080) is the sole display (notebook display is off); in Extend Mode, the desktop display (#2) is actually the primary display (the notebook is resting atop the tower case, which is by my right elbow). What I lose is access to the Webcam (in either mode) as the webcam is built into the notebook - if I want to Skype, I have to physically move to the notebook.

9. odiebugs1

odiebugs1 MDL Expert

Jul 30, 2015
    He said Intel, that's the integrated igpu in the CPU, there's no Intel GPU card.