PC versus MAC

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by _spinner_, Apr 22, 2011.

1. _spinner_

_spinner_ MDL Addicted

Apr 3, 2011
    what do you think of this?

[​IMG]

2. exo-dan

exo-dan MDL Senior Member

Aug 22, 2009
    I couldn't agree more:D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. _spinner_

_spinner_ MDL Addicted

Apr 3, 2011
    it's old, i found in a forum when the first seven release comes out, and now i want to refresh it.....just to calm down that the Mac is bla bla bla
    I've tried all OS(exept LINUX ups) and i think that win 7 is the best, until i have opportunit to try a newer 8 build(7850 i think is best than seven, but let me digg into more)
    In my opinion the best operating system, is that one, that can be installed in every PC all around the world(OF course you have to add few drivers..), stable, fast, and easy to use....
    MAC oS is in the last position......the only good thing said that there are not viruses or all the security harmful suff that can affect it....yeah bu****t, when you'll have Mac os in all computers as MS, this time tuo'llbe right
    Linux is good, i've to try the new one(just downoaded few days ago...) but is seems "old" outside......

Just my thoughts fellas:D

4. ancestor(v)

ancestor(v) Admin
    Staff Member

Jun 26, 2007
    Pretty cool :D

What I don't like about Apple is this snob attitude. They're sooo innovative and so perfect, but if you have a closer look it's just expensive plastic. Proprietary and controlling their users (incompatible - and did you know iPhone and iTab protocol where it's users are moving?). As someone really put it right: Apple hasn't got customers, Apple has fans. You get to know that pretty fast if you start discussing e.g. about an iPhone. You take another mobile phone as an example of an at least equal thing, being cheaper and bringing at least the same perfomance. Every pseudo-argument like "There are more apps for the iPhone" or "It has got unique functions" fades out as this just isn't true (there are tons of apps for Android and to that day no one could show me an app or a function that is really unique to Apple)... then you end up with But it's an iPhone, it's from Apple... Gee, thank you. It's not about having something with technical perfomance but a status symbol with which you can show that you can afford Apple products. From a technical point of view one couldn't be much more stupid: buying something technically inferior for a higher price. Nobody would pay 1000$ for a 486 Win 3.11 computer... but hey, put an Apple on it and say it has got unique functions....maybe your worshippers will buy ;)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. pierrejaquet

pierrejaquet MDL Member

Jan 14, 2010
    #5 pierrejaquet, Apr 23, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2011
    what ?! people buy apple products ?! :eek: I thought you only received it from noob grandparents.

ps: my uncle always buy the latest apple products to troll at his workplace. lol OoOoOo look at my shiny new iphone ! I'ts way bigger than the old one

[​IMG]

6. mesios

mesios MDL Novice

Apr 18, 2011
    hahahah :) greate!

7. burfadel

burfadel MDL EXE>MSP/CAB

Aug 19, 2009
    The iPad was marketed as something revolutionary, but really all an iPad is, quite literally, is any old TabletPC (you know, that useless stuff thats been sitting in the 'Windows Features', 'add/remove' etc areas of Windows for quite a while now, with a touchscreen. The only reason why they sold is because of the Apple logo!

Tablet PC's have been around for at least 15 years, probably much longer (I'm not going to look it up :D) I say 15 years because thats when I remember the first time I saw one, of course back then you had to use a stylus. Actually Apple could technically have been charged for false advertising, as there were touchscreen TabletPC's around when the iPad came out, making it a completely redundant argument. Also you can use Flash, and USB ports on these other Tablet PC's. For normal use though they're pretty useless, you're foreever making sure you don't damage the screen.

8. Zukariji

Zukariji MDL Member

Mar 11, 2011
    Apple products are definitely worth the buy, I own a MacBook myself and in terms of hardware (I don't mean tech specs like CPU, RAM, GPU etc, but actual build quality, speaker sound, keyboard, etc) I think they completely wipe most PC manufacturers off the map, lol.

As for OS X, I love it. I also love Windows 8. That is why I have both installed. The beauty of a Mac is you can (easily and legally) have both Windows and OS X on it - with a PC, getting a fully functioning OS X on it can be a real pain, and it probably still won't end up working 100% perfectly, unlike Windows/OS X on a Mac.

9. Bosh

Bosh MDL Developer

May 30, 2010
    #9 Bosh, Apr 26, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2011
    So you're saying that Windows 8 can be installed in a Mac (i.e. Windows supports vatiety of hadrware) but the not so good Mac OS X doesn't support other hardware correctly. Hence you agree with paying more for a lesser OS

I prefer an overclocked PC metling cases and booting W7 in 5 seconds, lol :D

10. Asthetix

Asthetix MDL Novice

Apr 21, 2011
    LOL!! :D :roflmao:

I must say that the newer intel based macs running windows 7 are actually really cool.

11. jayblok

jayblok MDL Guru

Dec 26, 2010
    i get all my apple crap from my dad,since he works for apple,i get everything free,but i love windows 7,the latest apple item my dad gave me was a powermac with 12 cores,but only 512mb of ram!!WTF!!!!!!! F THAT:mad:, but it's big and shiny!!! like an old ironing table!!!!!!!lol

12. RahulRulz

RahulRulz MDL Novice

Apr 29, 2011
    obvously pc

13. stayboogy

stayboogy MDL Addicted

May 1, 2011
    #13 stayboogy, May 18, 2011
    Last edited: May 18, 2011
    i couldn't agree more...

what iHATE is how mac users say, "my mac can't get viruses," yet they are so ignorant on the subject that they believe that crap, especially when we have things like google search that can point any mac user to many examples and a plethora of articles and posts proving the contrary. i personally had (being the key word, "had") a friend who always said this crap until the day i pulled up several articles online that all said this same thing--that there are plenty of virii for Mac machines, only they are less heard about because hackers would rather produce more advanced malicious software for the PC user because it is and will continue to be the most widely used from the two, along with giving lists of all the Mac virii that have been found since the early 90s...

also iHATE how lame apple is that they have to make a "new version" of every product they sale that sadly never gets any better than the original and IDIOTS EAT IT UP AND THROW APPLE MONEY OUT THE WAZOO FOR THE LATEST iCRAP BECAUSE TO THEM IT'S TRENDY... they are so apple brainwashed that they don't realize how stupid they look to the rest of us. i for one will never ever ever ever purchase or own an apple brand product, period.

14. Myrrh

Myrrh MDL Expert

Nov 26, 2008
  15. mythofuniverse

mythofuniverse MDL Junior Member

Sep 12, 2010
    totally agreed.. mac crap.... just a hype makes the invaluable things - a valuable one...

16. R29k

R29k MDL GLaDOS

Feb 13, 2011
    [​IMG]