PCI Express x16 problem

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by boscru6469, May 2, 2015.

1. boscru6469

boscru6469 MDL Senior Member

Jan 9, 2012
    I could not find anything like this ion the site but hope someone knows a solution. I have an older PC running Windows 7 pro 32bit. The WEI for the video was 1.0. The motherboard is an MSI K9VGM -V Series (MS-7253 v1.x) with a 2.1 modded BIOS. I was given an ATI Radeon 4350HD video card. I installed it and installed a clean installation of Windows 7. I ran the WEI again and it is now at 3.9. Good enough for this machine. The problem I have is that in the Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media it shows both "Eject Video Controller (VGA Compatible)" and "Eject Audio Device on High Definition Audio Bus". They also both show in Printers and Devices also. I inadvertently clicked on the Audio when I tried to eject a flash drive and it also removed the Video so my video went to standard VGA. I had to reboot to get it back to normal.

I have never seen the Audio or video controller show up in the Safely remove icon. Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this? Thanks

2. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    sounds BIOS related.. DSDT.. is that newest bios ?

3. Muerto

Muerto MDL Debugger

Mar 7, 2012
    Did you disable integrated motherboard graphics?

4. boscru6469

Jan 9, 2012
    I am beginning to think that it is BIOS related also. I do not know if it is the latest version as MSI does not have any BIOSes on their site. What is DSDT?

The graphics is set for PCIex in Bios.

I tried another card and it had the same problem before I got a blue screen. I am going to try the Award BIOS mod section for the latest BIOS.

5. Flipp3r

Flipp3r MDL Expert

Feb 11, 2009
    I've seen this before (years ago). I think I solved it by editing the registry & setting the device as not removable.
    Also back then, when sata controller was set to ahci the internal drives would show up as removable until the Intel Storage Matrix drivers were installed (Intel chipset board).

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. boscru6469

Jan 9, 2012
    #6 boscru6469, May 3, 2015
    Last edited: May 3, 2015
    (OP)
    I found the registry fix. The one I found had me add an entry to the scheduled task. I was able to get the Video controller not to show but could not do it with the Audio High Definition Audio Bus. This is an AMD board.

7. boscru6469

Jan 9, 2012
    I put the video card in another PC and there was no problem at all. I believe this has something to do with the motherboard and/or it's BIOS. I was able to find and flash the last MSI BIOS update of version 1.8. The problem still existed and I lost SLIC 2.1. I found the MDL mod BIOS and ran that. The problem still existed but I now had SLIC 2.1. I was able to disable the Audio portion in Printers & Devices to remove it from the Safely Remove icon. Disabling in Device Manager did not do it. I was then able to add a task in Task Scheduler to stop the the Video Controller from showing in the Safely Remove icon. It isn't a perfect fix but it is at least hidden. Thanks everyone for working on this.

8. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    its pretty old board.. no win 7 bios listed. in DSDT it has the codes for Ejectable and so.. leave it alone if reg works.