.pdf files

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by bchat, Apr 6, 2012.

1. bchat

bchat MDL Smart Azz

Nov 7, 2008
    I opened a .pdf file with the native .pdf file reader, all good.
    Now I can't close it...:eek:... which means I can't delete it, any ideas...:confused:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. HSChronic

HSChronic MDL Expert

Aug 25, 2007
    on the start page hover your mouse over the top left hand corner of your screen, this will bring up a black bar on the left showing you what Metro Apps you have open. Mouse over the thumbnail of the PDF viewer right click and choose close.

3. bchat

bchat MDL Smart Azz

Nov 7, 2008
    Thanks - been driving myself nuts trying to close it - a very short drive by the way...;)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. _spinner_

_spinner_ MDL Addicted

Apr 3, 2011
    or easily close as other crap metro apps, moving the cursor on the top center of the screen, until you see hand instead of cursor, than keep clicked and slide down till reaching bottom, app closed!

Anyway Acrobat is 1000 times better :D

5. bchat

bchat MDL Smart Azz

Nov 7, 2008
    Thanks _alex_,
    I use Foxit on my Win7 install, just trying to get used to Win8 and it's offerings.
    The less software I have to install the better I like it.

6. _spinner_

_spinner_ MDL Addicted

Apr 3, 2011
    bchat you're welcome, i agree with the less software, but i do not like at all metro apps because it covers the magnificent taskbar, covering all info on it, more over metro apps has minimal command at a glance, so i think it are unuseful..... for my everyday work on PC, with metro it takes more time....

It will be great M$ add a Pdf reader not only in metro UI, otherwise you will always install a third party program.

Nice night man :D