pen drive

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by berthani, May 25, 2010.

1. berthani

berthani MDL Novice

Sep 15, 2009
    #1 berthani, May 25, 2010
    Last edited: May 29, 2010
    How to make password protected pen drive? I need the pen drive to be password protected, and to work on any computer, so that it can be opened even if the other computer does not have that software. Is it possible?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  3. tdb

tdb MDL Novice

May 22, 2010
    Well. It's all apart of the tactic they are using.
    Something sneaky like that is how this spamming goes unnoticed.
    Going back & editing the post later to include website link when the thread has gone quite.

4. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    I noticed that earlier on he was on stop the spam but thought that maybe he had been warned and removed spamming signatures.

5. tdb

tdb MDL Novice

May 22, 2010
    #9 tdb, May 25, 2010
    Last edited: May 25, 2010
    If one of the Admin or Moderators remove the website link from his signature but don't ban the account.
    When he visits here again which he will. He will re-add the signature again. They won't remove these signatures they will ignore your request. After all why do they care what your telling them. They are here on a mission to spam in signature and hope it goes unnoticed while at the same time making you think they are taking part in the forum & are being helpful.

And have you noticed how most of these signature spammers that edit there signature after 4 posts are coming from India.
    Which makes me think they are after some quick cash to direct traffic to those websites they are spamming.

6. inkmon

inkmon MDL Novice

Jul 16, 2010
    Check out Truecrypt it is open source and willmake your Pen Drive totaly secure, Check out creating a traveler drive. It is all done for you. Will Autorun and ask for your password before allowing access.

If you keep checking back I am creating a program called Control_IT that takes full advantage, not only of that system but gives so much more. I cannot post a link but googleit and you will find. My latest version will include the type of security you are after