Perfect windows 10

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by steven4848, Jun 15, 2019.

1. steven4848

steven4848 MDL Novice

Nov 21, 2018
    Hi guys, I know it is a lot to ask here but I need guides on the following.
    first I need the links to a proper windows 10 pro x64 iso file which should be compatible with wintousb as I am planning on installing in my external HDD. I mean compatible because I don't want certain activation methods interfering with already complicated wintousb procedure. I prefer a fully updated preactivated iso. I also here some very newer versions of windows 10 is not yet supported by wintousb. so anyone familiar with wintousb and windows 10 iso , please guide me.

secondly, is a partition related question.
    I plan to shrink the free space to create new partitions for the wintousb windows 10 installation as my external HDD is 70% full of data and i don't want to fully format it. is it possible? anyone done that?

2. steven4848

steven4848 MDL Novice

Nov 21, 2018
    that was extremely hard to find guide, thank you. but on a side note how about a link to a proper windows 10 resource?

3. JeanYuhs

JeanYuhs MDL Member

Feb 16, 2010
    Realistically it's just bad mojo to install Windows to an external drive unless it's eSATA. Every other type of connection is going to end up causing you issues sooner or later and Windows itself was never designed to be used with USB/Firewire/what-the-hell-ever-that's-not-eSATA interfaces.

As for a "fully updated preactivated iso" you are literally asking people to supply you with pirated software so, nope, ain't gonna happen, it's relatively easy to get a clean installation ISO yourself by creating one using the multitude of tools available at this forum and then taking care of the other aspects yourself with other tools also available at this forum. But just asking someone to hand you precisely what you want, well, that's a novel idea but it's not going to happen.

For the partition info, Windows will make use of whatever space there is to install itself.

Personal opinion: you should more than likely do a lot more thinking over this and what you're actually aiming for 'cause it sounds like you're just winging it at this moment.

And yes, you are correct: it is a lot to ask, but I'll pretty much guarantee you that you're not going to get what you're hoping for handed to you on the proverbial silver platter - you're going to have to do the necessary work yourself.

4. s1ave77

s1ave77 Has left at his own request

Aug 15, 2012
    Win 10 is allready as near to perfection as possible ;). Get LTSB/C and configure Group Policies, this is how Enterprises contrl thousands of PCs ...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. steven4848

steven4848 MDL Novice

Nov 21, 2018
    Thank you for the bitter but humorous reply. as i am not expert on this esd ,iso , repository stuff, what files i should get to get the clean installation first.
    also please point me at correct direction to take care of "other aspects" of the installation.

6. JeanYuhs

JeanYuhs MDL Member

Feb 16, 2010
    I don't think you're reading with comprehension so I'm going to presume it could be a language issue, perhaps English isn't your native one I don't know for sure, but having said that the idea is simple:

You need to read, a lot, and read with comprehension because there's a lot of information here at this forum. The idea that I'm attempting to impress upon you is that you're going to have to do a LOT of reading, a LOT of research, and learn how to understand how these tools that are available here at this forum and at others like it are meant to work together to get you where you want to be.

No one is going to just hand you what you're looking for, and that's as simple and yes as blunt as I can put it. You have to do the reading, the research, the testing, the experimentation, all of it, till you learn how things work and then you can create whatever you're hoping to have.

None of us woke up one day and knew all this - and I say that as someone that's been working almost daily with computers since 1975-ish (yes I'm an Elder at this point, whatever). Nobody just woke up and was like "Wow, it all makes sense..." because that's not how it works, especially with computers and so many aspects of them especially software.

The info is out there, all over the place, and here in this forum too. It's up to you to start reading with a high(er) level of comprehension and learn from it. I say that because a lot of the questions that people ask are asked, again, and again, and again, and over and over again and again and they're answered over and over so not only the questions are something you'll find by reading but also the answers that have been provided in the past, yes, over and over again.

It gets to be an old thing having to answer the same questions over and over again when someone is either too lazy, or doesn't care to put any effort into learning things. When I say people aren't going to just give you whatever you want, that wasn't me being facetious, I was and remain dead serious in that.

7. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    @steven4848 Modified ISO files are not permitted on MDL but you can make your own one by reading information available on forum.

8. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    I agree. And additionally block some endpoints using host lists or if possible directly at DNS.
    Lists are available here at MDL.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. s1ave77

Aug 15, 2012
    Windscribe can block a lot already at their Server Level ... No Pasaran! :)

10. steven4848

steven4848 MDL Novice

Nov 21, 2018
    Duly noted, and thank you for replies guys especially JeanYuhs, yes Eng is not my native language but I get the point, I will go through all.

11. rayleigh_otter

rayleigh_otter MDL Expert

Aug 8, 2018
    Whereabouts please Yen?

12. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    #13 Yen, Jun 16, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2019
    For LTSC I recommend the one I figured myself running pi hole (I also tried to explain there what's the purpose of those endpoints):

Push the spoiler button of my post and combine both lists: https://forums.mydigitallife.net/th...lemetry-repository.63874/page-48#post-1516962
    Copy and paste it to editor and save it as: d:\win10\hosts.block.txt

To apply it use the script provided by Mr Jinje. Info is at the first post of the W10 Telemetry REPO:
    Hosts File Block push the spoiler
    https://forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/repo-windows-10-telemetry-repository.63874/

There you also can find additional lists which can be safely applied.
    The two lists to be combined which I have posted myself are sufficient for LTSC, though.

Additionally set this group policy to make LTSC refraining from connecting to MSFT's own server to check internet status icon whenever you reboot and be online.

-run gpedit.msc (WIN+R)
    Navigate to Local Computer Policy > Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > System > Internet Communication Management > Internet Communication Settings.
    ENABLE there Turn off Windows Network Connectivity Status Indicator active tests
    Reboot.

W10 checks internet connectivity by connecting certain predefined servers (dns.msftncsi.com.)

If not reachable w10 concludes there is no internet and you get a yellow triangle on your status icon.
    Since my list blocks dns.msftncsi.com you would get the triangle, therefore apply the policy. :)

Please note that I have tested myself the lists on LTSB/C without store only.

13. rayleigh_otter

Aug 8, 2018
  14. s1ave77

Aug 15, 2012
  15. rayleigh_otter

Aug 8, 2018
    #16 rayleigh_otter, Jun 17, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2019
    My (just about)acceptable Windows 10 1809 LTSC - Version 2 in progress.

Install untouched source(2019 iso, .107, en-gb), enable net3.5 and update with SetupComplete.cmd.
    At 1st logon disable all features except net 3.5 and 4.7.2, PowerShell, Windows Fax and Scan.
    Windows Defender and Search Disabled.
    Full dism cleanup/reset base with the hidden switch enabled.

Fettle from an existing partition.
    Custom folder cleanups(using Everything run from Power Run, no files locked by running services etc, no permission issues). Defender and Search Program data folders emptied, Recovery wim deleted.

Dism++, Expert Mode,
    Open remote session,
    Disk Cleanup - All options,
    Scan,
    Disk Cleanup.

5.75gb after dism cleanup/reset base, custom folder cleanups, Dism++ session.

Apply system and user tweaks.
    No liting or package removals.
    Not perfect but very acceptable.
    Ideal for drive cloning.

16. DukiSync

DukiSync MDL Junior Member

May 12, 2010
  17. s1ave77

Aug 15, 2012
    Interesting ... so many tools :D.

For me it is: LTSC, running PrivateWin10 (witrhout the Firewall, bit buggy), WuMgr and JATD GUI .... DONE.

Rest of communication of the OS is needed to fulfill it's job .... i need my emails and stuff, no need to chop them out :cool:

Best: all from one source called MDL.

18. rayleigh_otter

Aug 8, 2018
    If you cant/dont want to chop, disable. Air gapped LTSC using my own tweaks and services(no BlackViper here) is very well behaved and telemetry isnt an issue. Got Debian to get arounnd that :)

19. s1ave77

Aug 15, 2012
    I use PrivateWin10 from MDL together with WuMgr, both are from same author.

I configure the GPOs correctly ;).

Soon JATD will offer that feature!!!