PerfectDisk System Files Defrag Problem

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Matrix Leader, Dec 18, 2009.

1. Matrix Leader

Matrix Leader MDL Addicted

Dec 8, 2009
    Problem/Question:

Using PerfectDisk 10 Build 124 (64-Bit)........

I am unable to run the SYSTEM files defrag after restart, the system just hangs on the Windows Logo, then I have to force a restart, from then on, I get a message from PerfectDisk saying that it was unable to load a driver or something like that, but the message goes away too fast for me to even note anything. I have all my drivers installed perfectly right and up-to-date.

I am running Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit, and my notebook specs are in my sig

PLEASE HELP I need to defragment my boot files

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. nrgz

nrgz MDL Novice

Nov 1, 2009
    It will be good to ask in the perfect disk's forum as it seems that this is only relates to that particular product. BTW my one cent, why not to use diskeeper instead of this as that is much better than the former.

3. jiralhagu

jiralhagu MDL Novice

Aug 27, 2009
    I have the same problem. I also force my machine to restart, then it works. Think it is a sort of bug with se7en.

4. HSChronic

HSChronic MDL Expert

Aug 25, 2007
  5. Urgixgax

Urgixgax MDL Junior Member

May 20, 2009
    Raxco PerfectDisk 10.0.0.116 Professional (32 Bit) works here (Win7 Ultimate x86) without problems.

6. Esipes3821

Esipes3821 MDL Novice

Mar 30, 2009
    I had this same problem with the latest version of PerfectDisk..downloaded the patch located in the link posted by Chronic fixed the problem for me as it was probably a conflict between perfectdisk and superantispyware in my case.

7. SoLoR

SoLoR MDL Expert

Jul 30, 2008
    Boot time defrag works fine for me with build 124 and win7 x64, however im not using it, because i think its crap, boottime defrag moves MFT zones all over the disk. What i do is have page file/various temp files on seperate partition and only windows+programs on system partition. Then i have stealthpatrol on this system partition and just leave other partition "as it is". Works best imo...

8. Matrix Leader

Matrix Leader MDL Addicted

Dec 8, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. burfadel

burfadel MDL EXE>MSP/CAB

Aug 19, 2009
    Daemon tools can cause that too, due to the sptd.sys driver.