Permission to use Service Backup Script

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by IZZO, Nov 13, 2008.

1. IZZO

IZZO MDL Novice

Nov 13, 2008
    Hello, I was wondering if you guys at My Digital Life would mind me using the script from this page
    HTML:
    http://www.mydigitallife.net/2008/06/28/script-to-backup-current-start-state-startup-type-of-windows-services/
    in a script that I wrote. I would, of course give, full credit to you guys (for that part of the script).

I have made up a script for my family and I to turn off unneeded services after asking a series of questions to find out which ones they don't need and turning off the corresponding service. I was also thinking about putting the code out there for everyone else to use after I have someone else look through the code and make sure they think its safe enough for public release and check for any bugs.

I am still new at writing up scripts (I have only wrote a few for Windows and have made a few mods for games) but I'm pretty sure my script is safe and I think it could be useful for other people; but before doing a release I would also like to have a backup feature in it. That's where you guys come in.

The script already works with 17 services and I will be adding more later on.

2. IZZO

IZZO MDL Novice

Nov 13, 2008
    Also is there anyone here that knows a good deal about batch files that would like to take a look at my script?