Personality test

Discussion in 'Serious Discussion' started by Humphrey, Apr 21, 2012.

1. Humphrey

Humphrey MDL Expert

Dec 13, 2011
    #1 Humphrey, Apr 21, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    Post results!

This test is based on Carl Jung and Isabel Briggs Myers typological approach to personality. When answering questions, please choose one of two possible answers you agree the most. If you are not sure how to answer then the decision should be based on your most typical reaction or feeling in the given situation. Respond to all questions to get a reliable result. Press "Score It" button after you are done answering the questions. Upon completion, you will obtain online:
    • Your type formula according to Carl Jung and Isabel Briggs Myers typology along with the strengths of the preferences
    • The description of your personality type
    • The list of occupations and educational institutions where you can get relevant degree or training, most suitable for your personality type.
    Please press "Do It!" button to start. ---------------------- The Mechanic As an ISTP, your primary mode of living is focused internally, where you deal with things rationally and logically. Your secondary mode is external, where you take things in via your five senses in a literal, concrete fashion. ISTPs have a compelling drive to understand the way things work. They're good at logical analysis, and like to use it on practical concerns. They typically have strong powers of reasoning, although they're not interested in theories or concepts unless they can see a practical application. They like to take things apart and see the way they work. ISTPs have an adventuresome spirit. They are attracted to motorcycles, airplanes, sky diving, surfing, etc. They thrive on action, and are usually fearless. ISTPs are fiercely independent, needing to have the space to make their own decisions about their next step. They do not believe in or follow rules and regulations, as this would prohibit their ability to "do their own thing". Their sense of adventure and desire for constant action makes ISTPs prone to becoming bored rather quickly. ISTPs are loyal to their causes and beliefs, and are firm believers that people should be treated with equity and fairness. Although they do not respect the rules of the "System", they follow their own rules and guidelines for behavior faithfully. They will not take part in something which violates their personal laws. ISTPs are extremely loyal and faithful to their "brothers". http://www.personalitypage.com/ISTP.html

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. R29k

R29k MDL GLaDOS

Feb 13, 2011
    ISTJ Page :sofa:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. half Man Half Biscuit

half Man Half Biscuit MDL Addicted

Jun 1, 2011
    Feeling only 12% :eek:,so i am no human at all?
    Well i didn´t understand about 5-6 questions correctly but still only 12%,i always thought my Gf was weird when she said your emotionally cold a ice,maybe i am the weirdo :confused::eek:

Damn test now i have to over think some stuff :(
    So all the years i´m alive i lied to myself i was a emotionally stable person

:bye1: People with these results i wont come to MDL soonly again,I´M ASHAMED OF MYSELF :eek:

4. stayboogy

stayboogy MDL Addicted

May 1, 2011
  5. sid_16

sid_16 MDL Giveaway Organiser

Oct 15, 2011
    [SIZE=+1]Your Type is
    [SIZE=+2] INTJ[/SIZE][/SIZE]
    Introverted Intuitive Thinking Judging
    [SIZE=-0]Strength of the preferences %[/SIZE]
    67 25 1 11

Qualitative analysis of your type formula

You are:
    • distinctively expressed introvert
    • moderately expressed intuitive personality
    • slightly expressed thinking personality
    • slightly expressed judging personality

Very poor rating :rolleyes:
    thanks,
    sid_16.

6. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    OMG I have got the same type than half Man Half Biscuit!!!:biggrin:

[SIZE=+1]Your Type is [SIZE=+2]ENFJ[/SIZE][/SIZE]
    Extraverted Intuitive Feeling Judging
    [SIZE=+0]Strength of the preferences %[/SIZE]
    1 25 12 1
    [SIZE=+1]ENFJ [/SIZE]type description by D.Keirsey
    [SIZE=+1]ENFJ [/SIZE]type description by J. Butt and M.M. Heiss

[SIZE=+1]Qualitative analysis of your type formula[/SIZE]
    You are:
    • slightly expressed extravert
    • moderately expressed intuitive personality
    • slightly expressed feeling personality
    • slightly expressed judging personality

Quite impressing: According to the test my idealist is to be a teacher (ENFJ)!
    I teach students, but it's not all the time and not at school. A full time teacher would be too much for me, though.

7. ancestor(v)

ancestor(v) Admin
    Staff Member

Jun 26, 2007
    I think the test is right about Yen :D

About me? Well, let's take it...

ESFJ

Extraverted33
    Sensing 1
    Feeling 25
    Judging 56

You are:
    moderately expressed extravert
    slightly expressed sensing personality
    moderately expressed feeling personality
    moderately expressed judging personality

More or less suprisingly, I'm working for a pharmaceutical company and in my free time I am with volunteer fire brigade (usual fire brigade stuff and additionally youth work, i.e. teaching) and Red Cross (paramedic).

http://typelogic.com/esfj.html
    http://keirsey.com/4temps/provider.aspx
    http://keirsey.com/personalityzone/wz19.asp

Conclusion: seems to be about accurate, somehow.

8. dabits

dabits Guest

Your Type is ISTJ

Introverted 11
    Sensing 12
    Thinking 25
    Judging 44

You are:

slightly expressed introvert
    moderately expressed thinking personality

9. nodnar

nodnar MDL Expert

Oct 15, 2011
    Your Type is
    ISTJ

IntrovertedSensingThinkingJudging
    Strength of the preferences %

ISTJ type description by D.Keirsey
    ISTJ Identify Your Career with Jung Career Indicator™ ISTJ Famous Personalities
    ISTJ type description by J. Butt and M.M. Heiss

You are:
    very expressed introvert
    moderately expressed thinking personality

------------------------------------------

i guess i have to try and live with it..:D

10. half Man Half Biscuit

Jun 1, 2011
    #10 half Man Half Biscuit, Apr 23, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2012

I didn´t want to come to MDL for some time,but in the mean time I was forced against my will to come here again because of this incredible sentence of you YEN :eek:
    "YENs words" OMG I have got the same type than half Man Half Biscuit!!!
    At first i was beyond pissed to be honest with you Sir,but after some thinking time maybe it aint that bad at all :D
    This is how i look at everything after your shocking statement Yen(maybe i´m mistaking not sure 100% but i don´t think so).

If your the same TYPE as me ENFJ and your MDL admin,is there a possibility that i become a Admin too? (cough cough instead of ancestor(v))
    We would like each other (i know you like me already) because we are the same TYPE.We think,feel,breath and would prevail the same way,there wouldn´t be conflicts between us.There wouldn´t be Democracy,there would be dictatorship only :eek:

If you watched the results CAREFULLY Yen,you have probably noticed that we only have in FEELINGS the same percentage,the rest i´m much better then you Sir :eek:
    The most shocking thing is your JUDGING is poor,only 1% :eek:
    So i came to the conclusion that you YEN are getting old for such a job (Admin),you need somebody like me.
    Same TYPE,much younger,better Judging.
    Yen teach me the secrets of being a Admin,like Obi-Wan Kenobi teached Anakin Skywalker of becoming a YEDI MASTER :)eek: as far as i remember it didn´t go the right way).

All in all we (Yen + half Man Half Biscuit) are the SAME,you can run but you can´t hide from the truth ;)

At this point i have to stop writing my hands hurt now :(

P.S. I have MUCH more to say,but that will be said in the near future :D

11. ancestor(v)

ancestor(v) Admin
    Staff Member

Jun 26, 2007
    An old flame never dies. Or does it, Mr. Half Man Half Biscuit? ;)
    But I think I can tolerate a rival as long as he doesn't get too defiant :D

On topic:
    I'd be interested to see what other members score in this test. This is why I put it to Serious Discussion. Despite not really "believing" in those tests, somehow it seems to be accurate. How do others feel about this?

12. nodnar

nodnar MDL Expert

Oct 15, 2011
    :D
    never in life will i take a psychologist seriously, ancestor (v) ,
    a good thing, that you put it where you did..
    i get a tiny inkling, that we have got some absentees here..;)
    @ halfman half biscuit;
    after all the trouble i took to get yen to put your name in red..
    still no succes, it is an ungratefull world, don`t you agree?:hug2:

13. half Man Half Biscuit

Jun 1, 2011
    An old flame never dies. Or does it, Mr. Half Man Half Biscuit? ;)
    But I think I can tolerate a rival as long as he doesn't get too defiant :D

LOL

Imagine this situation now
    Biscuit man gets banned because ancestor(V) can´t take a rival,a young good looking fellow :eek:,who´s just competing for a better position in MDL :eek:

No doubt you posses the power to BAN me,but will you really use it???
    My name half man Half Biscuit will always live in the hearts of all MDL members.

And i just mentioned your name so Yen thinks your my rival,but that´s not true.He is going to teach me the highly secret things about being a Admin.When i learn the art,we 2 Ban him,that was my idea.
    (Holy Molly these are some really crazy thoughts :eek:)

P.S. ancestor i really LOVE your avatar :) (try to smooth the situation)

14. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    I knew that you HMHB would reply to my post. Actually I have chosen my words that you probably will, it was with intent.:D
    And I put a smiley to it, to say that it's funny.

I wanted to study psychology, actually I did it a bit at home. And I thought a lot about Sigmund Freud and Carl Gustav Jung (2 very different psychologists).
    I ever had favoured Carl Gustav Jung and this test seems to be based on him.

What I want to say:
    High percentages doesn't mean positive attributes!!!

Jung differentiates 3 pairs of attributes, which are contrary.(means either or)

Extraversion - Introversion
    Sensing - Intuition
    Thinking - Feeling

and Mrs. Myers added the pair

Judging - Perceiving

The 4 letters code is built by using a letter of the attribute which prevails.
    A high amount of percent says how much you rely on the one side of the pair (attribute).

First (example)

Of course one is either extroverted or introverted. People who get the letter E are special personalities and they let everybody know about. They don't fit into common things, lol.

A high amount of percentage means to lose the other part of the pair. To be highly extroverted can be hard, especially if you have to work in a team, for instance.

I could name a lot more examples.

A person who has a great variety of attributes has low percentages everywhere.
    12% feeling doesn't mean you have problems with your feelings. It means compared to thinking you tend to 12% to feeling instead of thinking.

To remain unbiased and sovereign a low percentage everywhere is an advantage.

To be a strong character can be interesting, but also hard.

So we both are ENFJ, my highest percentage is 25% iNtuition. That is right! I can do things and I know they are right, but there is no rational explanation. I just live in the present and let it flow.
    But it doesn't work that way all the time. At some days I simply have no intuition.

HMHB I guess if we would meet in real life we could be good friends with a lot of fun. All of my friends are in some way special, I never went with the mainstream, it's my destiny.:biggrin:

I don't know if ENFJ type is suitable for an admin, but it seems suitable for an US president. I am doing my job some years already. I have a lot of fun and MDL has become a great community.
    There is no special way to be admin, I just try to be myself.

May the Force be with you, HMHB :yoda:

15. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    To use Yen's signature :D - I think these tests are designed to fail us all... :D

16. MrMagic

MrMagic MDL Guru

Feb 13, 2012
    [SIZE=+1]Your Type is
    [SIZE=+2] INFP[/SIZE][/SIZE]
    Introverted Intuitive Feeling Perceiving
    [SIZE=-0]Strength of the preferences %[/SIZE]
    44 25 62 22

17. stevemk14ebr

stevemk14ebr MDL Senior Member

Jun 23, 2010
    entp

wtih 11 50 1 11

18. sid_16

sid_16 MDL Giveaway Organiser

Oct 15, 2011
    I agree with Mr Yen.Psychological Types is the title of the sixth volume in the Princeton / Bollingen edition of the Collected Works of Carl Jung. In the book Jung categorized people into primary types of psychological function.

Jung proposed four main functions of consciousness:

* Two perceiving functions: Sensation and Intuition
    * Two judging functions: Thinking and Feeling

The functions are modified by two main attitude types: extroversion and introversion. Jung theorized that the dominant function characterizes consciousness, while its opposite is repressed and characterizes unconscious behavior. There are eight psychological types....

In Psychological Types, Jung describes in detail the effects of tensions between the complexes associated with the dominant and inferior differentiating functions in highly and even extremely one-sided types.

"Psychoanalytic theories explain human behavior in terms of the interaction of various components of personality. Sigmund Freud was the founder of this school. Freud drew on the physics of his day (thermodynamics) to coin the term psycho-dynamics. Based on the idea of converting heat into mechanical energy, he proposed psychic energy could be converted into behavior. Freud's theory places central importance on dynamic, unconscious psychological conflicts.

The channeling and release of sexual (libidal) and aggressive energies, which ensues from the "Eros" (sex; instinctual self-preservation) and "Thanatos" (death; instinctual self-annihilation) drives respectively, are major components of his theory. It is important to note that Freud's broad understanding of sexuality included all kinds of pleasurable feelings experienced by the human body.

Freud proposed five psychosexual stages of personality development. He believed adult personality is dependent upon early childhood experiences and largely determined by age five. Fixations that develop during the Infantile stage contribute to adult personality and behavior.

One of Sigmund Freud's earlier associates, Alfred Adler, did agree with Freud early childhood experiences are important to development, and believed birth order may influence personality development. Adler believed the oldest was the one that set high goals to achieve to get the attention they lost back when the younger siblings were born. He believed the middle children were competitive and ambitious possibly so they are able to surpass the first-born's achievements, but were not as much concerned about the glory. Also he believed the last born would be more dependent and sociable but be the baby. He also believed that the only child loves being the center of attention and matures quickly, but in the end fails to become independent."

Critics of personality theory claim personality is "plastic" across time, places, moods, and situations. Changes in personality may indeed result from diet (or lack thereof), medical effects, significant events, or learning. However, most personality theories emphasize stability over fluctuation. The definition of personality that is most widely supported to date is attributed to the neurologist Paul Roe. He stated personality to be "an individual's predisposition to think certain patterns of thought, and therefore engage in certain patterns of behaviour".

There are many personality theories, see here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Personality_psychology#Personality_theories

19. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Your Type is
    ENFP

Extraverted Intuitive Feeling Perceiving
    Strength of the preferences %
    44 62 50 11

You are:
    • moderately expressed extravert
    • distinctively expressed intuitive personality
    • moderately expressed feeling personality
    • slightly expressed perceiving personality
    :smokecowboy:

20. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    @sid_16

Yeah, that sounds familiar, when I was 20 I was very interested in that matter.

But I overestimated science generally. (I may say that, I am a scientist).

Psychology is even more ‘special’. One (the psychologist) tries to examine the psyche of another person.
    But he has a problem, he can do this only with his own psyche.

Also when developing own theories, you need to define terms. Then you categorize reactions and try to find the term which matches most.
    Actually you stigmatize.

Words are crude and limited, terms and definitions even more.
    I have a low opinion on western psychology and their psychologists.
    Most are not able to find the reason for a psychological problem / disturbance. They only treat the symptoms by administering psychotropic drugs.

Also I have a low opinion on Freud. IMHO he had a own problem with his sexuality and that led him to cocaine abuse. Freud was not able to live a ordinary life and so he thought he needs to develop a theory (to distract himself of own problems).
    He projected his own problems onto others. To categorize them he developed his psycho analysis.
    It actually was nothing than a self-therapy.

But such tests are quite interesting. They can show you what you already know, they entertain you.

IMHO your best psychologist is always your best friend.

One last word to the psychologists who work for the government, or the police.

IMHO the psychologists who don’t get a job on their own, because their graduation was worse, find finally an employment at the government.

A story. When I was 23 I got caught by the police with a joint.
    I had to go (order) to a psychologist. They wanted to prove that my cognition and personality is not suitable to drive a car anymore.
    They really wanted that I lose my driver’s license. The psychologist tried to stigmatize me. She was a kind of stupid, though. :biggrin:
    She asked me a lot of questions she had learned to ask when studying psychology.
    Q: What do you feel when you smoke a joint?
    Yen: The same as you would feel if you smoke one.
    (Always answer like a mirror and the psychologist drives mad, hehehe.) :D

Finally she could not ‘prove’ that I am unable to drive a car.
    How sick is that?
    The government thought I have a psychological problem (because I have smoked a joint).
    Then they instruct a psychologist to prove that I am sick and that they are right!

So they know me better than I know myself.