Phoenix Bios Editor & Compal IFL90

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by ribben, Mar 8, 2010.

1. ribben

ribben MDL Novice

Feb 1, 2010
    Helli guys,

I have this issue which i need you valuable help: I am owner of compal ifl90 and i want to change it's bios splash screen...i Have found that this can be done by phoenix bios editor...But there are rumours that the current version of phoenix bios editor doesn't support santa rosa platform...So here are my question can i do that with phoenix bios editor??? Is there any other tool with which i can do the same???

Please consider that i don't have a usb floppy so i am not able to do crisis recovery procedure....

Thanks in advance
    my regards

2. armada

armada MDL Addicted

Dec 8, 2007
    with the compal fl90 i WOULD NOT even bother to mess with it if you can not do crisis. trust me. i own one. these machines are terrible for flashing and even doing the bios mods on. one thing that is succesfull for one person may not work for another on this machine. i would not try it. compal does have a splash screen tool designed to do just this but many have also bricked using that tool also

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ribben

ribben MDL Novice

Feb 1, 2010
    thanks mate for your reply can you post that tool so give a try???

thanks in advance
    my regards

4. Nicram

Nicram MDL Novice

Mar 15, 2008
    The FL90 BIOS editing software is not freeware so i think it is hard to get one.
    I was trying to make it right but i didin;t find any way. Some OEMs did get BIOS from Compal with their logo. You would have to get some Phoenix BIOS editor software, but not one of them that You may find now on warez sites (they are old and do not support FL90 BIOS).
    Ofcourse it is not true that sometimes it;s working for one FL90 and sometimes not. Good stable BIOS will work anywhere. Problem is that there is no editor for it, that make really stable releases, and this is problem why ppl brick their laptops. Ofcourse You may repair FL90 then using FDD (on USB).