Phoenix bios expert needed!!

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by alexhore, May 15, 2010.

1. alexhore

alexhore MDL Novice

May 31, 2009
    Ok flashed my Mums laptop at the start of the year with a custom modded bios off here. All ok up untill recently booting problems so I reflashed on the off chance it was something to do with the bios. Problem I have not is I still have booting problems and the slic2.1 has gone. I can live without slic2.1 as I have XP but the booting problems I cant. Is definatly not the hdd or ddr as I have ran them through days of testing. When looking at the bios the uuid is just a string of 00000's the vender is blank and serial number also. I think at some point the flash command has flached a little to much so to speak. Unfortunaly its A hi-grade thing but A-OPEN build them and I can get a bios here...
    http://download.aopen.com.tw/Download.aspx?RecNo=10291&Model=2038&Section=10&DL=yes
    Question is does this flash the chip completely or is there a special switch II can add to the bios.bat that will force it to flash it 100% as there is clearly something wrong with it currently.

I am under the impression there are commands that generate new uuid's and insert vender names and so on but the uuid command I tried did not work.

Also the slp is now showing as fujitsu yet it used to show as hi-grade. Is that becouse a-open probably did them for Fujitsu also and so will this matter?:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: