phoenix bios not loading windows xp os

Discussion in 'Windows XP / Older OS' started by newuserhere, Sep 23, 2012.

1. newuserhere

newuserhere MDL Novice

Sep 23, 2012
    please help me out guys. I'm in deep trouble. i have a compaq presario c301tu(windows xp). i recently installed bios(phoenix) driver
    source:

File name: sp35954.exe [1/1, 3.68M]
    Released: 2007-05-25
    Version: F.24 A
    ever since then i have'nt been able to run my laptop. when i start my system it takes me to a screen with the options "safe mode ..with cmd prmpt ..with network ..last known good conf ..start normally .." i have tried all the options with no success. The system loads till i see the windows logo and then a blue screen with some error mgs appears for a fraction of a second (therefore impossible to read) and back to the same screen with the above said options. i can enter the bios setup, i hv tried loading default settings bt still the problem persist. Please help me. I'm desperate ;'(

2. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008
    How about fresh install? Do you know how to do that?

3. newuserhere

newuserhere MDL Novice

Sep 23, 2012
    I tried re-installing it but it wont let me. It throws error msg about some file being corrupt.:(

4. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    Are you using original HP installation cd ? if not try and reburn cd at slower speed another point perhaps hard drive is failing.

5. newuserhere

newuserhere MDL Novice

Sep 23, 2012
    yeah it worked fine on all my previous installations. It still works on other system.

6. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    What makes you think it is the bios update that is causing the problem can you not just reflash with older bios version i,e the one you had before.