Phoenix BIOS (Samsung laptop R509) - Fan Speed Tool or MOD ?

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by itsmemario1, Sep 13, 2017.

1. itsmemario1

itsmemario1 MDL Senior Member

Sep 10, 2012
    Hi there,

this old Samsung laptop got announced positively back then, because of its silent fan.
    But thanks to this silent fan the machine runs quite hot when playing HD videos or trying to play decent games.

It wont shut down, but the fan will just spin at one speed...constantly. No matter how hot the graphic/CPU gets.

I tried all the tools, none of them could even discover the fan. I even send a report to the SpeedFan author, full of hope hes still active.

So I ended up googling without many additional infos...and stopped here again. :)

Another forum came up with the "SAFC (Samsung Advanced FAN Control) v1.1a, which is either a fake or indeed an internal Samsung tool. Any further infos about this ?

samsung advanced fan control.png

The BIOS can be downloaded here :

http://org.downloadcenter.samsung.c...0100428140704031/WIN_R509_03LP.exe&OriginYN=N

2. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    in advanced power.. change graphicspu to use %93 is what worked on the nvidias with overheat.

also look into dsdt editing the thermal trigger points and maybe the _OSI for operating system acpi id to enable throttling.