Phoenix Flashing with Phlash16 fails

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by slim26, Aug 11, 2009.

1. slim26

slim26 MDL Novice

Jan 9, 2008
    I'm attempting to flash a Toshiba Satellite P305D using Phlash 16 with a wph file.

Before I attempt to flash it with a modded flash, I am trying to flash it with a factory flash.

It will start the process, make a lot of loud beeps, complete the flash read, and then it will consistently fail on "Check Flash Memory Type(s)". On the bottom it shows "performing platform initialization". I've tried this numerous times and it will freeze at the same point every time.

I've also tried booting with a Windows 98 and a Windows ME boot disk.

I have to disconnect the power and reboot the pc after this freezes. The old bios still functions fine.

Anyone else encounter this or have any ideas?

2. banzai94

banzai94 MDL Novice

Jan 9, 2010
    '''
    any body answer ???

3. wyrman

wyrman MDL Member

Nov 21, 2007
    #3 wyrman, Jan 12, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2010
    I think when I flashed my Toshiba Satelite I used WinPhash as mine had a .rom extension

4. imatrix

imatrix MDL Guru

Jul 29, 2009
    just use phlash17 to flash with following command

ph161700 /x /FORCE /O /C /S <bios name>

5. dv9091ea

dv9091ea MDL Novice

Aug 8, 2010
    same problem with hp

Hello,

i have dv9091ea and it has bios taht need to be flashed.now i have exactly the same problem as slim26 , im trying to flash from a usb-floppy .my laptop becuse the bios problem dont recoginze the cd-player and there is no os installed!

i need (plz ,plz ,help ) to know how to fix the problem step by step.."ph161700 /x /FORCE /O /C /S <bios name> " is just too hard to understand for mee :(

6. dv9091ea

dv9091ea MDL Novice

Aug 8, 2010
    i have tried that and the laptop just shuted down in the middel of the process!!

plz, what to do now?

dv9091ea

bios vers f42 (correpted)

need to reflash the laptop

7. dv9091ea

dv9091ea MDL Novice

Aug 8, 2010
    didnt work for me

Hi,thank you very much for writing about this issue. I have tried many times and every time I try my laptop shuts down in the middle of the process..The name of the bios can be withe help of yoyr method changed but the problem stands still : my laptop can not RECOGNIZE the cd rom , so i can install any os:s att all

I have tried with external cd rom -the same problem stands still

PLEASE ANYONE help me with resolving this problem!!