Phoenixtool: Insufficient space to manipulate modules

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by dalco, May 22, 2022.

1. dalco

dalco MDL Novice

Apr 26, 2010
    Hi guys!

I try to add SLIC in my B550 Aorus Pro V2 bios with Phoenixtool v 2.73

After start with "module" method I got error "Insufficient space to manipulate modules"

Neither "dynamic" nor "code" methods non working too. "No complete SLIC found" warning for "dynamic" and "Unable to add SLIC code" for "code".

I tried with 3 different latest versions of BIOS (F15c|F15a|F14), but without success. Same errors|warnings.

Any advice? Other tools, advanced settings, e.t.c.?

2. Lutschpuppe

Lutschpuppe MDL Member

Dec 23, 2014
    Your bios has no (dummy-) slic table, so "Dynamic" can't work; it will only update existing table(s). Only way is "Module", adding OA2-module and pubkey and marker.

The bios has not enough empty room in 2 images, a manual mod could perhaps solve it.

But why Windows 7 for such a new mobo? It is not fully compatible and for upgrading to 10 or 11 better methods exist.

3. dalco

dalco MDL Novice

Apr 26, 2010
    #3 dalco, May 23, 2022
    Last edited: May 23, 2022
    (OP)
    [offtopic]
    What other modern methods exists?
    I'm ancient mammoth and really don`t know it. :)

I always use modded bios to one time load Win7 and upgrade it to next version of Win. After that I can always install Win 10 without problems on that machine.
    Or, as variant, use direct install of modern version WinServer on my home server (Well, I prefer linux, but use WinServer as reserve solution).

Ideal solution for me - one time job to get almost official Windows with resistance to future reinstall OS.

UPD. New idea...
    Swap motherboards between my current home server (Gigabyte X470 Aorus Gaming 7 WiFi with SLIC) and my new game machine (Gigabyte B550 Aorus Pro V2 without SLIC)

I can live without WinServer on my main machine (Fedora Linux with tens CentOS/AlmaLinux guests). But can not live without GameLoaderOS on my game machine :D
    [/offtopic]

4. Lutschpuppe

Lutschpuppe MDL Member

Dec 23, 2014
    Similar mainboards (B550 Plus) were modded with module-insertion, i guess it had OOB enough space.

You should request for a mod in the right topic.

Windows 10 can be permanent activated with "digital license", which can be triggered by Microsoft Activation Script.

5. dalco

dalco MDL Novice

Apr 26, 2010
    Already done.
    I hope for positive answer from profi of bios modding :)

Hmm, interesting. I will try to dig in that theme.