PIA VPN still lies to users, after three months now!

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by ThomasMann, Jul 30, 2017.

1. ThomasMann

ThomasMann MDL Addicted

Dec 31, 2015
    Does anyone know what goes on at that company? Does anybody know who the people are that now owns it? And whose money is behind it?

Yesterday I needed a german geo-location and as usual PIA provided it: the taskbar tells me "Germany" and shows the IP. But when I get to the page, I am told "This content only available inside Germany".
    I check my connection with whois and find that I am connected to, of all countries, the trustworthy old US of A.

I tried a few other servers and none of them had an actual IP show up, identical to the phoney one given.
    This seems to be a clear sign of BS, is it not? When the taskbar shows me an IP, I expect that there is a software at work that cheks it, and tells me what it found. Seeing that this is not the case, tells me quite obviously someone from that company PIA must have MANUALLY written a wrong IP there.
    I find that unbelievable!

That is quite criminal for a company that expects to be paid for its security services and insults its customers when they aks for their money back, when their sofzware is unusable for two months... now it seems it is three!

Anybody knows what goes on at PIA, and basically, should they still be trusted?
    After all this lying, trickery and no support has started three months ago and nothing seems to have changed?

2. marchy

marchy MDL Member

Jul 24, 2016
    PIA has been a sh-t company for about a year now. Get rid of it.

3. ThomasMann

ThomasMann MDL Addicted

Dec 31, 2015
    Its been three months... I am waiting for the year to run out.

4. Phoenix

Phoenix MDL Expert

May 30, 2014
    just an FYI, you cannot uninstall it, after uninstallation, try rebooting and it will still launch. you have to manually delete all its files, startup entries, and reg entries. Even Revo Uninstaller wasn't able to get rid of it had to do it all manually.

I switched to hide.me and have never been happier. Fastest VPN with 0 logging policy

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...