Picking on MDL members who are not native English speakers

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Mutoid, May 24, 2016.

1. Mutoid

Mutoid MDL Member

Sep 23, 2015
    #1 Mutoid, May 24, 2016
    Last edited: May 24, 2016
    I am again dismayed to see unfriendly posts aimed at MDL members for no other reason than that they
    do not have English as a first language , and make VERY minor errors in English ( eg. correct forms of address )

This is an international forum with English as the " de facto" language .

I believe that NOBODY should be made to feel unwelcome here simply because of varying levels of English language skills .

I am very keen to hear the views of other MDL members on this topic

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Michaela Joy

Michaela Joy MDL Crazy Lady

Jul 26, 2012
    When I was very young, my grandmother used to scold me by saying

"How can someone so smart be so stupid!"

I guess I'm not the only one in the world :eek:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Mutoid

Mutoid MDL Member

Sep 23, 2015
    #3 Mutoid, May 26, 2016
    Last edited: May 26, 2016
    (OP)
    @ Michaela Joy

Thanks for your reply .
    The post got a lot of "likes" , but you were the only one who wrote anything .

I have to say though , what you wrote is somewhat cryptic in flavor ....
    .... you wouldn't happen to be Alan Greenspan masquerading as a woman would you ? :biggrin:

Anyway , it was a very off-topic issue that started elsewhere , but it got me steaming somewhat , so I brought it here.
    I could give you more details , but I won't bother you ..... at least not while my nails still need attention :rolleyes:

4. BobSheep

BobSheep MDL Guru

Apr 19, 2010
    That kind of behavior violates this forum rule. Report the posts and we will see what action needs to be taken.

1.3 Please respect other members as you would want to be respected.

5. Spankie

Spankie MDL Novice

Sep 9, 2014

Oh s**t, then they ain't a gonna like my "Farm Boy" language, Hell at times I don't even understand it :eek:

I enjoy learning what I can from MDL, very informative site, all kinds of people here from all walks of life :clap:

Be respectful and have the attitude "I'm a gonna learn something here today" :shake:

6. Mutoid

Mutoid MDL Member

Sep 23, 2015
    #6 Mutoid, May 26, 2016
    Last edited: May 26, 2016
    (OP)
    @BobSheep

I'm sorry , but what you have written makes no sense to me at all .

What kind of behavior ???

Please explain clearly , and in detail , precisely what it is that you are referring to .

Thank you in anticipation .

7. Bat.1

Bat.1 MDL Expert

Oct 18, 2014
    Read the OP o_O You wrote it. :eek:

8. Juniper Phoenix

Juniper Phoenix MDL Novice

May 2, 2016
    I think that as long as you can understand what is said in some way, it's fine. Especially the anti-discrimination rules here added to that, it's not that hard to figure out what someone's saying if it's spelled not too great. If you get desperate, paste it into Google Translate and it'll autocorrect it. Sometimes people are just lazy, I suppose.

9. Katzenfreund

Katzenfreund MDL Expert

Jul 15, 2016
    Anyone who has something to say about my English should say it in German.

10. JFKI

JFKI MDL Expert

Oct 25, 2015
    #10 JFKI, Jul 17, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2016
  11. Michaela Joy

Michaela Joy MDL Crazy Lady

Jul 26, 2012
    :roll1:

:laie: