Playing DRM protected videos inside the guest

Discussion in 'Virtualization' started by Jeff_59, Apr 29, 2014.

1. Jeff_59

Jeff_59 MDL Novice

Apr 29, 2014
    Hello Everybody:smile3:

I managed to convert and import an existing windows XP system
    into a virtualbox machine. I also put a SLP string in the virtualbox bios,
    in order to keep the activation.

However, i'm unable to play windows media videos (.wmv) which are DRM
    protected in the guest. I guess the licences i acquired (legally) and the private key
    are in some way linked to the hardware of the original PC, but i was wondering if there
    might be a trick to circumvent this limitation and to outwit the system. I tried to set as
    much parameters as possible using dmidecode on the original PC and the command
    "VBoxManage setextrada", but it didn't solve the problem.

Any help is welcomed:D

Best regards,

Jeff_59

2. Jeff_59

Jeff_59 MDL Novice

Apr 29, 2014
    Dear Tito,

Thanks a lot for your private message.

[I apologize to write to you in public but it looks as is i'm unable to contact members until i reach 5 public posts.]

As you might know, FairUse only works with the old version of IndivBlackBox.key. Unfortunately, it's no longer possible to get online, from the MS server, a version that Mirakagi and FairUse can handle. However, on an old PC (windows XP), i never updated the WMP, so FairUse is still working on this computer. My aim would be to be able to unprotect any wmv DRM protected file thanks to a VM on a USB stick.

Up to now i managed, thanks to Paragon, to convert and import this physical PC in a VM. I put a SLP string in the virtualbox Bios, so windows XP is activated. However, i get an error message when i try to acquire new licences from the VM.

Would you be interested in working with me on this project?

Best regards,

Jeff_59