Please do a little help...About my XP SP3 iso image...

Discussion in 'Windows XP / Older OS' started by Deb_Rider, Jan 24, 2012.

1. Deb_Rider

Deb_Rider MDL Senior Member

Aug 21, 2010
    Hello guys and gals....

How are you all? I'm fine. Just having a busy life for my college syllabus and pressure.

Plz guys help me out in this small trouble.

I have a windows XP bootable ISO image included the service pack 3 and all the updates till 10th September'2010. The size of the Image is 790 MB. One of my old friend TITO from MDL made that for me. Now I'm facing a little bit trouble installing this copy to an old computer of my friend. The computer doesn't have a DVD drive, the optical drive only supports CD and Boot from pen drive is also not working (I don't know why, it have the options to boot from USB FDD and USB HDD but selecting those computer is not booting from that USB, There is no problem with that pen drive as it is booting in my computer perfectly..)..
    I have the only(I think) way to make a bootable CD of windows XP. I'm thinking to exclude all the updates from the ISO image and make it as it can be burned to a CD. But HOW? How to exclude the updated? Plz help me.

If there is already a thread about this, please give me the link, and I'm sorry for repeating thread.
    If you have alternating idea please give me. Just that I've not the enough net balance to download a bootable image of XP...

Thanking you, Deb... :)

2. Deb_Rider

Aug 21, 2010
    Thanks Acrsn..
    But I tried that already.....Any other help will be appreciable..

Thanking you Deb... :)

3. dewot

dewot MDL Junior Member

Apr 25, 2008
    I have an XP3 disk fully updated to Dec 2010, including .net Framework 3.5, that comes in a little under 500 mb.

To get there, I used NLite to delete all languages I did not need ( I just use English), and I deleted all the printer drivers, modem drivers, and a few other hardware drivers. All the hardware on the XP install disk is now 12 years or so old.

Don't delete anything that shows up in NLite in red - that means the item is / may be needed.

You might be ok if you try deleting the above.

4. Deb_Rider

Aug 21, 2010
    Thanks Dewot...
    I am trying that...I will tell the results....

Thanking you, Deb... :)

5. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009