Please heeeeelp

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by lalinzki, Sep 11, 2010.

1. lalinzki

lalinzki MDL Novice

Sep 10, 2010
    Hello to all wise :worthy:

I have a compaq presario SR2170NX
    Motherboard RC415ST-HM

I'm so glad to have found a place of knowledge. Well I have a big problem with my pc or the bios I think. All it does is this it says
    AMERICAN MEGATRENDS
    AMBIOS (C)2006 American Trend, Inc
    Bios Date 04/11/2007 Ver 08.00.13
    Copyright 2007 by Hewlett-Packard Company
    CPU: INTEL (R) PENTIUM (R) 4 CPU 3.00 GHz with HT Technology
    Speed: 3.00 HGz
    at the bottom says
    (C)American Trends, Inc
    63-0100-000001-00101111-041107-RS400-RC415ST-Y2KC.

I can't do nothing else just soon as I turn the computer on it goes to that screen

So I found someone who sell bios chip on ebay for my motherboard and such and today it came and I installed it like the instructions but the same thing again....PLEASE HELP ME TO FIND OUT WHAT'S WRONG WITH MY PC:( :( :( :( I have pic of it but couldn't post link or pics :confused:

2. Brainsuck

Brainsuck MDL Addicted

Oct 9, 2009
    Make sure that you dont have any usb devices plug in like a 3g net card or mp3 player because my machine will not boot with it in hang everytime like that

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. lalinzki

lalinzki MDL Novice

Sep 10, 2010
    #3 lalinzki, Sep 11, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2010
    (OP)
    there's nothing just the normal equipment like hdd/ cd-rom/and phone line that's it its just a normal pc. nothing new just plain

4. Daz

Daz MDL Developer / Admin
    Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    Have you tried removing any of your ram as it's possible one stick has gone bad and thats whats causing the problem.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. lalinzki

lalinzki MDL Novice

Sep 10, 2010
    Well I removed the ram and it made beeping noise and nothing turn on I'll check again. Once again thanks guys for helping a stranger with his problems. "thumbs-up"

6. Daz

Daz MDL Developer / Admin
    Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    It depends how many sticks of it you have but I would start by removing everything from the system (disk drive and networked cables etc.) and see if it boots from there.

If you haven't already you could also try going into the BIOS if it gets that far and settings the system to its fail safe defaults.

7. lalinzki

lalinzki MDL Novice

Sep 10, 2010
    Daz I really wish I could not it only gets me to the same thing. I bought a new bios chip and still did the same thing. I only have 1 stick of RAM 1GB but when I take it off it makes beeping sounds. Also took out everything and no boot. I just really wish I can put the pictures or the link of how my screen looks. I really wish it take me to the bios I can't even press F1 I'm kinda down because my daughter needs a computer for Middle School and I'm trying to fix it but no go :(

8. NoJuan999

NoJuan999 Experienced SLIC Tool Operator

Jul 31, 2009
  9. lalinzki

lalinzki MDL Novice

Sep 10, 2010
    #9 lalinzki, Sep 11, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2010
    (OP)
    Problem solved

Guys I'm so happy :D

Thank You guys I'm so happy I have found this forum with so many wonderful talented people here.:biggrin: Problem solved. So I took advice from everyone here and guess what it was the memory stick gone bad so and desperation I look and saw that both my pc took same RAM so I tried it and it gave me the no bootmgr and to press control alt delete. So I took it upstairs and it gave me the es F10 and F11 recovery and I did it and now its installing windows :worthy:. THANK YOU GUYS FOR HELPING ME WITH MY ISSUE AND NOW MY DAUGHTER IS READY FOR MIDDLE SCHOOL:D:D