Please help baffled Anroid user ?!?

Discussion in 'Mobile and Portable' started by smallhagrid, Mar 26, 2015.

1. smallhagrid

smallhagrid MDL Addicted

Sep 14, 2013
    I got my 1st Android phone about a year ago and have stumbled through using it ever since.

This forum has a somewhat active area which covers Android stuff, but not a devoted area nor is it just hopping with folks who are willing to hand-hold to help a dummy like myself.

So I ask:
    What other sites or forums would folks here recommend when seeking help to do Android stuff, please ??

Places that have write-ups and guides will also interest me greatly.

Thanks.

2. smallhagrid

smallhagrid MDL Addicted

Sep 14, 2013
    Brain hurts !!!

Thanks Again SlimRock.
    I browse XDA a bit now and then.
    Generally it is very high-brow stuff and good for giving a simple man like myself a headache trying to comprehend all that stuff.

I've found a few other, less technical spots - but none are very active.

Thanks, and Best Wishes.

3. stayboogy

stayboogy MDL Addicted

May 1, 2011
    i hate xda fanboys and all the 12 year old cry babies over there.

that place has become utter garbage in my opinion. only way to find anything worth the time over there is to google search adding xda to the query, otherwise you have wade through idiots.

androidforums.com is good place.

4. MrMagic

MrMagic MDL Guru

Feb 13, 2012
    XDA is a gold mine of info, but it's not for n00bs, it's a DIY forum, not somewhere you go and post a n00b question and expect people to bottle feed you, it's where you go to read and learn

5. stayboogy

stayboogy MDL Addicted

May 1, 2011
    #6 stayboogy, Mar 31, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2015
    semi-agreed.

that's exactly why i hate it too. it is full of nonsense because most don't know how it should be used. and all the politics. stupid little punks is mostly what i see over there...

at the same time though, there are TONS of people who really don't know JACK at xda. there is much more MISINFORMATION than gold, and most users will only find the misinformation and continue to propagate it...

if you have a samsung or htc device--xda is probably the only place to go. all else, better info elsewhere imho

i honestly find more info reading commits at github and other git ircs than anything else. it's helped me see clearly andorid is headed in a horrible direction. even cyanogenmod is sucking these days with all these random people (beauty and curse of open-source) adding to the code with only a handful of devices in mind... it's disheartening... but that's a tagent lol

6. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    The art to get the internet useful has changed....
    In the past one just had to find the info.

Today one needs to differentiate useless crap from reasonable/valuable contributions.
    MDL is suffering from the same issue...
    One reason therefore is impatience...and sometimes lack of IQ.
    People don't have the patience to search/read before and to gain the basics. Instead of they start at once with an useless question...mostly totally out of context and senseless...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. stayboogy

stayboogy MDL Addicted

May 1, 2011
    well said.