Please Help - Boot Partition Restoration Question

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by Whiznot, Apr 20, 2010.

1. Whiznot

Whiznot MDL Member

Nov 5, 2009
    #1 Whiznot, Apr 20, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2010
    Restoring the primary partition of a multi-partition drive

Is it possible to restore a boot partition image backup on a physical disk without loosing data on the logical partition? If such an operation is possible is there a free utility for Windows 7 with that capability.

I have been imaging my Win 7 boot partition with the free version of Easeus ToDo Backup however the restore operation will wipe all other partitions. I would like to be able to do a boot partition restore without backing up data.

2. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    #2 urie, Apr 20, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2010
    EASEUS Todo Backup free Yes you can when you do backup only select boot partition not full disk and obviously select and restore to boot partition. Also give your partitions names so you don't get mixed up. I backup all my partitions separately.

3. Whiznot

Whiznot MDL Member

Nov 5, 2009
    I would like to pose my initial question again. Is there a free imaging utility that can restore a boot partition without damaging files on the logical partition?

4. Whiznot

Whiznot MDL Member

Nov 5, 2009
    Thanks for the reply Stasio but I probably phrased my question poorly. I am looking for a free partition imaging application which will backup and restore the primary OS partition while preserving files on the adjacent logical partition.