PLEASE HELP! - If you smoke or know someone who does, or......

Discussion in 'Serious Discussion' started by jspcrepair, Feb 3, 2013.

1. jspcrepair

jspcrepair MDL Novice

Mar 7, 2011
    #1 jspcrepair, Feb 3, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2013
    Since this is a General Topic area, and this is a Serious Discussion, I thought this would fit in here...
    I am not a spammer as you can see from other posts and replies I have made in this forum...

This is a genuine "Call To Action" for everyone to help people who smoke, are trying to quit, or use electronic cigarettes.

We are in the middle of a serious battle regarding the FDA's recent proposals for bans or regulations against rights and civil liberties - and our health - by proposing Deeming Regulations against E-Cigarettes.

If you smoke, know someone who does, or use an E-Cigarette or know someone who does -- Sign this petition or else the FDA could enact "Deeming Regulation" that could effectively force people back to smoking, force them into using NRT products proven ineffective, and could essentially ruin hundreds of businesses and thousands of jobs, not to mention the health of literally millions of people.

The FDA attempted this before --- Once in 2009, they attempted to overstep their authority by stopping E-Cigarette shipments into the USA. The Federal Appeals court ruled against them and they were forced to release their hold on the market.

And again, in an article published November 16, 2011:

Now the FDA Is Trying to Kill Smokers By John Stossel

Excerpted:
    Now, the FDA is really mad...

On December 17, 2012, the FDA held a public hearing to gather comments and information hat it will use in a report to Congress with a proposal for either bans or "Deeming Regulations" that could destroy the industry as we know it and make these wonderful inventions disappear.

Here is a link to the FDA HEaring Docket Comments area so you can look over some of the comments -- several are from well renowned Doctors and other medical professionals:

FDA Actions Related to Nicotine Replacement Therapies and Smoking-Cessation Products; Report to Congress on Innovative Products and Treatments for Tobacco Dependence; Public Hearing; Request for Comments

I placed my comments in a 7 page PDF that includes my own testimony but has yet to show on the site.

I have been using an E-Cig for a little over 3 months and I am here to tell you it is the best invention ever!
    I used to smoke 1.5 packs a day for over 34 years and since I started using an E-Cig on October 13, 2012, I have not had a cigarette or the need or want for one since.

Please help the hundreds of thousands who are trying to quit using cigarettes and lower the amount of harm done by them...

Cigarettes contain well over 4000 chemicals, nitrosamines, and carcinogens that can cause cancer and any number of other deadly diseases including COPD and Asthma.

E-Cigarettes have only 4 to 5 natural ingredients found in many every day foods, medicines, and other products we use -- In fact, PG and VG are found in all Food coloring and flavorings and a lot of candy and cake products.
    Nicotine is found in a variety of vegetables and tobacco...

So please help by signing this petition to STOP the FDA!

Only 3,920 more signatures are needed by February 13, 2013 to reach goal of 25,000

Prevent the FDA from regulating or banning the sale and use of electronic cigarettes, accessories and associated liquids

On behalf of myself, family, and the whole E-Cigarette community, manufacturers, and sellers... I thank you and my whole family thanks you for helping me and them keep something in our lives that is much better than cigarettes! :)

For more information on Electronic Cigarettes and their safety, please feel free to look at the CASAA - The Consumer Advocates for Smoke-free Alternatives Association Web Site here.
    The Fact & Science section at the top is especially interesting.

More Information:

Video:
    Bill Godshall - Speeking at FDA Public Hearing - December 17, 2012

PDF File:
    Characterization of chemicals released to the environment by electronic cigarettes use (ClearStream-AIR project)

Again, thank you :) and God Bless :)

2. jspcrepair

jspcrepair MDL Novice

Mar 7, 2011
    #2 jspcrepair, Feb 4, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2013
    (OP)
    I would like to thank the moderators and admins for allowing this post as this is very important to millions of people worldwide... Thank you :)

UPDATE:

As of 3:30 am, th petition had 21,714 signatures and only 3286 needed

By 12:30 noon today, it had shot to 22,034 signatures with only 2,966 needed

This is absolutely Awesome :)

Thanks to anyone and everyone who has or is signing it :)

:worthy: :worthy:

3. Myrrh

Myrrh MDL Expert

Nov 26, 2008
    I was signature 22,155

I am for just about anything that tells government to leave people alone.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Coriolis_Force

Coriolis_Force MDL Novice

Jan 31, 2013
    The above is a very strong argument for revising the FDA charter to original version of 1907. They have far more authority than there's any legitimate use for.

5. ComponentsHub

ComponentsHub MDL Novice

Apr 30, 2013
    When it comes to nicotine, though, the abstinence forces tend to be more liberal, including government officials at the state and national level who have been trying to stop the sale of e-cigarettes and ban their use in smoke-free places. They’ve argued that smokers who want an alternative source of nicotine should use only thoroughly tested products like Nicorette gum and prescription patches — and use them only briefly, as a way to get off nicotine altogether. How do you guys feel about that?:confused:

6. MaveRick23

MaveRick23 MDL Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Hello here,
    my father was smoking from his childhood. 4 box of cigarettes were not enough a day for him. But it is 1 year he stop smoking. he does not smokes anymore.

So point is that who says smoking is impossible to stop that is not true. nothing is impossible for human just try and do it.

I does not smoke and never was smoking.

be health and breath free.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. Pariya2

Pariya2 MDL Novice

Nov 13, 2013
    thq nice message, i will inform to my friends who are all habitat of smoking.

8. acyuta

acyuta MDL Expert

Mar 8, 2010
    I quit smoking forever in Dec 2006 after 23 years and am living on Nicorette since then.
    E-cigarettes are great and I personally am in favour of regulation but also promotion of such relatively harmless products. Nicotine itself is not even remotely dangerous as cigarettes which are lung cancer delivery devices.

9. MataHari

MataHari MDL Novice

Nov 9, 2013
    Funny! Everytime government (or government organisations) do something against smokers the smokers call for solidarity to help to protect their freedom. But when I'm (non-smoker since 2001) on an open-air-concert, smoker don't care where their stinking clouds move to, when I'm at the busstation, they don't care, on my job in the office, they don't care, everywhere where they think to have their freedom they don't care about my freedom and my right of breathing fresh air. They want to be free smokers and they give a s**t for non-free non-smokers. And for me there is no difference between real cigarettes or E-cigarettes. And because smokers are not free but driven by addiction (or Mr. Marlboro in head and mind) they are not free at all but zombies of the cigarettes business. It is right that government fights against the business - who else? The smokers themselves? Smoking is no sign of freedom, it's a sign of stupidity. My advice to everybody: quit smoking as long as the damage you did to your body can heal!

10. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    You just don't like it and disagree with it. But I am allergic to tobacco...

Still, they don't care!

Then I start farting!

In yer face, sucka!

:D :D :D

11. chavo

chavo MDL Novice

Nov 23, 2013
    non smoker here :) seen it ruin lives though. $$$

12. lomax512

lomax512 MDL Novice

Feb 11, 2014
    I know this is an older thread but does anyone really know what goes into these E-Ciggy things?

They have seemed to come out of know where with little regulation, and swapping one crutch for another is not a good way to quit.

If anyone cares then they should get the Allen Carr Book or Audio book >>> http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/0718194551 & http://www.audible.co.uk/pd/Health-...Easy-Way-to-Stop-Smoking-Audiobook/B004EWV7IO

I have no idea why this book is not relied on more than anything else, it does work, I tried everything and this is the only thing that made me give up, I got the audio book version, listened for 6 hours in one go and voila I am now cured of my addiction.

Good luck everyone.

13. 4paty

4paty MDL Novice

Apr 10, 2014
    made in china Cigrate use

14. Mister_Hunt_420

Mister_Hunt_420 MDL Novice

Nov 29, 2014
    where do I sign ??

15. oldsh_t

oldsh_t MDL Expert

Dec 23, 2009
    You should have read the first post more carefully.
    So please help by signing this petition to STOP the FDA!

Only 3,920 more signatures are needed by February 13, 2013 to reach goal of 25,000

Prevent the FDA from regulating or banning the sale and use of electronic cigarettes, accessories and associated liquids

:closed: