Please help me, my computer wont boot correctly

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by The ReX, Sep 4, 2010.

1. The ReX

The ReX MDL Novice

Aug 29, 2010
    Hey MDL,

It all started when I installed SP1. I downloaded it from TPB, so it was probably a virus. Cause I couldn't acces the internet. So I put in my Original Windows 7 CD. The setup started, I choose "Custom Installation". The setup started, but after a while a square popped up, saying "Windows cannot install required files. The file does not exist. Make sure all files required for the installation are available, and restart the intstallation. Error code: 0x80070002". I turned of the computer. When I turned it on again, "Startup Repair" launched. When it had finnished scanned it sayed "Startup Repair could not detect the problem". Now, what am I supose to do?

When I try to boot from a CD or USB device, I press F12, choose either a USB device or a CD. But there is just a flashing arrow in the upper-left corner of the screen.

HELP?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    1. Where did you get your "original" win 7 CD from?

3. The ReX

The ReX MDL Novice

Aug 29, 2010
    My friend is a Cop, he had a pirate copied CD. But it looks exactly like an original CD, and he's experienced with computers.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    2. So you installed win 7 from it on your comp and things were fine until you tried SP1.

3. When during the SP1 install/use did you have problems like restart, etc...

5. The ReX

The ReX MDL Novice

Aug 29, 2010
    2. Yes

3. No

6. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    You stated everything was fine with your win 7 until SP1? Can you be more specific please as to when you had problems during or after SP1 install?

Did it completely install and did you get stuck in not booting during it's install or after it's install. Did it boot correctly since installing SP1 actually requires some reboots

7. The ReX

The ReX MDL Novice

Aug 29, 2010
    #7 The ReX, Sep 4, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2010
    (OP)
    It booted correctly during the installation, it installed fine. But after the installation, I couldn't get on my browser, could download from uTorrent, use Spotify or anything. But i had 100mbs connection. I ran cmd, and checked if I got IP from some websites. And I did. So I decided to completely re-install win7.

8. FreeStyler

FreeStyler MDL Guru

Jun 23, 2007
  9. The ReX

The ReX MDL Novice

Aug 29, 2010
  10. FreeStyler

FreeStyler MDL Guru

Jun 23, 2007
    What is complicated? Download? Burn? Geez, what rock you have been living under the last two decades?

11. WinFLP

WinFLP MDL Senior Member

Nov 18, 2009
    If you do not understand how to download and burn a DVD you have no business anywhere near an operating system Service pack beta.

12. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    Since you only have a mac you will have to find a free program that burn's ISO's. Maybe there is already a default program with the mac. Google that stuff. I'm not sure that UltraISO works for mac.

Then find a torrent program to dl the ISO in the repo. Not sure if utorrent is for mac now but I think transmission is. Also google that stuff.

Then with the ISO dl'd and with having the burner, burn the ISO and re-install.

That should be it for you. Then stay away from any beta SP1's and such.

13. FreeStyler

FreeStyler MDL Guru

Jun 23, 2007
    Dude, he already said mine was complicated, what do you think yours look like to him? Hocus Pocus ;)
    Especially for noobs like the charachter we are dealing with bringing up UltraIso or uTorrent is not going to do him/her any good.

My personal opinion, guys (or girls) like this charachter really should buy a real OEM preinstalled machine from their local computer store, plug in a power cable and be settled, in case something goes soure return to the shop, and let them fix it.

14. FreeStyler

FreeStyler MDL Guru

Jun 23, 2007
    And on forums like this one ;)

15. KotaXor

KotaXor MDL Senior Member

Aug 3, 2009
    Fully agreed on this!:worthy:
    Should read up more before getting into it.

16. MasterDisaster

MasterDisaster MDL Expert

Aug 29, 2009
  17. The ReX

The ReX MDL Novice

Aug 29, 2010
    Please give me a link to what I should download, and how do I burn it slower?

18. KotaXor

KotaXor MDL Senior Member

Aug 3, 2009
    Just click on MasterDisaster post to download uTorrent, installed it and then click on the .torrent for Windows 7,download it and open with uTorrent and it will start downloading the .iso for Windows 7.
    After downloading complete, burn it.

19. The ReX

The ReX MDL Novice

Aug 29, 2010
    I downloaded windows 7 from piratebay, but I can't find any "GRMCULFRER". There is any iso. image thou.