Please help me, win7 sp1 won't install

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by ecsjjgg, Jan 17, 2011.

1. ecsjjgg

ecsjjgg MDL Novice

May 21, 2007
    When I'm trying to install Windows 7 sp-1 on my computer, I only get to a screen saying:

One or more system components that the service pack requires are missing, for more information click on the link below.

Link: hxxp://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/why-am-i-receiving-message-system-components-missing

And that page says that I either installed Windows 7 using vLite, which I didn't or that I will have to reinstall my windows again, which I won't because I have finally got it set up the way I want, and I have also applied lots of tweaks to my computer, which is running Windows 7 Ultimate x64...

(I am using an Asus Slic 2.1 bios)

I have already ran an sfc /scannow, but that didn't help...

2. bobseptic

bobseptic MDL Novice

Jun 7, 2010
    windows 7 cannot continue installation issue

i have the same issue as ecsjjgg.

windows 7 64 bit , slic 2.1 (bios) and i have never installed vlite.

i would prefer not to reinstall or cause issue with my current software mainly bad company 2 , mw2 etc. punkbuster goes off on one at the smallest of issues.

any other workaround would be very helpful.

3. ecsjjgg

ecsjjgg MDL Novice

May 21, 2007
    Yes please, give us a workaround, which software do I have to uninstall?? I am currently using WindowsBlinds, which has been known for issues earlier, when I was trying to upgrade windows vista to windows 7...

4. Reign_Of_Freedom

Reign_Of_Freedom MDL Expert

Aug 1, 2009
    You either need to uninstall the apps one by one to see what's causing the issue or do an UPGRADE.

I would first check and uninstall apps like Daemon Tools and such first.

5. ecsjjgg

ecsjjgg MDL Novice

May 21, 2007
    Update: It wasn't windowsblinds that caused my problems, as I have now uninstalled ALL my stardock apps, and it doesn't work now either, I have b.t.w Virrtual CloneDrive installed, I will try uninstalling that, and we'll see...

6. subpsyke

subpsyke MDL Junior Member

Aug 14, 2009
    Download and install kb976902 and kb947821 (in that order, and my post count prevents me from giving direct links). Note that the latter may take a long time to install, as it has to scan and repair any corrupted files.

7. ecsjjgg

ecsjjgg MDL Novice

May 21, 2007
    #7 ecsjjgg, Jan 17, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2011
    (OP)
    Yes, the kb947821 is installing a hotfix, KB947821... We'll see if that helps...

edit: it has been doing that for 30 minutes now, I'll check back tomorrow to see if it's finished then...

Good Night!

Edit2: it finished now, but the sp-1 installation shows me the same error as before...

8. zen45

zen45 MDL Addicted

Feb 25, 2010
    did you try and do a windows 7 repair? loading your setup disk again just dont install use the repair option, try it just for s**ts and giggles it might work;)

9. ecsjjgg

ecsjjgg MDL Novice

May 21, 2007
    Yes I'll try that, later today...