Please help! Screwed myself with disabling hidden admin account

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by xsteven77x, Oct 30, 2009.

1. xsteven77x

xsteven77x MDL Novice

Sep 27, 2009
    I only use one account(the one you get at install) on my Win7. Last night I enabled the "hidden" admin account, logged into it, and decided to change my normal account into a standard user just to see what it would be like to use it that way. I only played with it for a few minutes and went to sleep. Well now i just came home from work, started using the computer under my normal account, and realized quickly I was not gonna be able to stand it being that way and did the net user administrator /active:no and it was gone.

Few minutes go by before i do something that makes the UAC prompt pop up. It says please enter the administrator password, but yes is faded out. My dumb ass forgot to change the normal account back to admin one. I can't change any UAC settings or create any admin accounts without admin access what the hell am i gonna do!

Thats what i get for playing with this thing half asleep in bed.:mad:

2. MrFerretKing

MrFerretKing MDL Member

Aug 25, 2009
    Did you try going into safemode and fixing it

3. xsteven77x

xsteven77x MDL Novice

Sep 27, 2009
    Would you be kind of enough to tell me how to do that method?

4. genuine555

genuine555 MDL Expert

Oct 3, 2009
    reboot. after post, press F8

then choose safe mode

now your admin account should be visible. login to it, and now you should be able to fix it.

5. xsteven77x

xsteven77x MDL Novice

Sep 27, 2009
    I'm really dumb I didnt even remember it showed up there. Thank you for just answering my ? and not freaking on me.

6. genuine555

genuine555 MDL Expert

Oct 3, 2009
    no prob at all bro. here to help :)