PLEASE HELP!!! Windows 8 Trouble (MIGHT BE AN EASY FIX)

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by MDLISTHEBEST, Sep 3, 2012.

1. MDLISTHEBEST

MDLISTHEBEST MDL Novice

Aug 20, 2012
    I downloaded the x32 bit (x86) version of "Windows 8" but when I try to install it, before setup it asks me for a key, and without it I can't install it. Is there any fix for this, I do know that i'll have to put one in sometime but can I skip the one in the setup?

Also, if it matters, I am trying to install Pro but Core still gives me the same problem

It kind of looks like this:
    windows-8-product-key.jpg

2. roirraW "edor" ehT

roirraW "edor" ehT MDL Addicted

Sep 1, 2007
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. -=fantômas=-

-=fantômas=- MDL Senior Member

Aug 10, 2012
    #3 -=fantômas=-, Sep 3, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2012
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. roirraW "edor" ehT

roirraW "edor" ehT MDL Addicted

Sep 1, 2007
    I'm not positive, but I know some keys have been X'd out in other posts, and I think even some common keys that are easily available from the installation media themselves; just wanted to let you know in case you get a warning.

5. -=fantômas=-

-=fantômas=- MDL Senior Member

Aug 10, 2012
    #5 -=fantômas=-, Sep 3, 2012
  6. myhken

myhken Experienced MDL Tester

Feb 28, 2010
    #6 myhken, Sep 3, 2012
    A easy fix is to buy Windows 8 when it's released 26.October. Or use another file (or add ei.cfg).
    There is no fix to activate Windows 8 yet, so using a blocked retail key will only let you install Windows 8, but after three hours the "nag" screen starts and the watermarks starts before that (telling that you are using a "pirated" version. (or at least tells you to activate now).

About posting keys here...MDL have got a Microsoft DMCA notice on the large "What the option to activate..." thread. Don't know if a Microsoft DMCA notice just apply to one thread or the whole forum. Maybe best to not post any keys?